DSDPlus RSP1A problem with DSDfastline

ondra

Hi,

I am with windows 7 64 bit. I put the SDRPlay serial number in FMPP.cfg, and when I start FMPP-CC.bat the system crashes and the computer shuts down.
Has someone else had the same thing happen to them?.

Attachments

• RSP1A.jpg
    RSP1A.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
EDIT... I just looked at your graphic and realized you don't have an RSP1A. That appears to be a Chinese clone of the RSP1 (not the RSP1A). If that SDR is really what you have, you need to use serial number: 0000000001. The RSP1 never had a real serial number, so you use 0000000001.

You also need to use SDRplay API 3.07. The newer API versions of DSDPlus FL will not work with API 3.09 or API 3.11.

Last edited:

ondra

EDIT... I just looked at your graphic and realized you don't have an RSP1A. That appears to be a Chinese clone of the RSP1 (not the RSP1A). If that SDR is really what you have, you need to use serial number: 0000000001. The RSP1 never had a real serial number, so you use 0000000001.

You also need to use SDRplay API 3.07. The newer API versions of DSDPlus FL will not work with API 3.09 or API 3.11.
I have put that serial number (0000000001) and I use API 3.07, but when FMPP starts, the system crashes.

Attachments

• Crashes.jpg
    Crashes.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 22
  • FMPP.jpg
    FMPP.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 22

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
Does your PC have USB 3.0 ports and are you using one or are you using the older ports? Trying swapping from one to the other if you have both types.

ondra

Does your PC have USB 3.0 ports and are you using one or are you using the older ports? Trying swapping from one to the other if you have both types.
I have tried with two computers, a laptop and a desktop and it does the same thing on both, ending in total crashes.

They are old computers and only have USB 2.0 ports so I can't test USB 3.O.

I thought that the problem could be in the dll library, because in the fastline description it says that it is for 32-bit systems.

Thanks for your support,

Attachments

• sdrplayDLL.jpg
    sdrplayDLL.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 17

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I use DSDPlus Fastlane on a x64 Windows 10 box and on my Windows 11 laptop. Zero issues with the driver.

What version of DSDPlus Fastlane are you running? The latest version of DSDPlus.exe is 2.395. Also, when I check c:\Program Files\SDRplay\API\x64\sdrplay_api.dll this is x64 version.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
If you just got the dongle and its a clone I would contact who ever you bought it from and demand a refund. Also, it could be helpfull if you could get a better shot of the BSOD (blue screen of death) as it may indicate something to aid in getting it working.

ondra

It's very strange. I have tested with two SDR's with the same chip and on two different computers with windows7 x64.
The funny thing is that with SDR Console and SDR Uno they work fine. I have tried to change the dll from the DSD+ directory but it doesn't work.
Now I only have to try with windows 10.

Thanks for your support. 73´s

Attachments

• SDR´s.jpg
    SDR´s.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Crashes.jpg
    Crashes.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 18

venom6733

Premium Subscriber
I have the RSP1, 1A & DX and when I updated to 3.11, it made my RSP1 useless to DSDPlus but my 1A and DX still work with DSDPlus. I wrote a email to sdrplay and they replied with saying " Starting with API 3.09, the API generates a random serial number for the RSP1" which I only find that affects DSD Plus and not console, Uno or HDSDR.

As ROam3R pointed out, the black box in your pic isnt a SDRPlay RSP Product but a clone of some sort. When you fire up SDRConsole, there should be a list of choices and the 4th column from the left should have the serial number to whatever your using.

The clone you have may be a RTL-SDR clone so you may be able to put the serial number into the FMP24.cfg file instead of the FMPP.cfg and try to load the FMP24-CC.bat and see what happens.

Heres a pic of the opening screen on SDRConsole that shows serial numbers

Clipboard01con.jpg

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The clone you have may be a RTL-SDR clone so you may be able to put the serial number into the FMP24.cfg file instead of the FMPP.cfg and try to load the FMP24-CC.bat and see what happens.

FMP24.cfg does not ask for a serial number, just FMPP (SdrPlay) and FMPA (Airspy)

FMP24.cfg
2.4 ; sampling rate (1.0, 2.0 or 2.4)
1024 ; spectrum window width
64 ; FFT size (16k, 32k, 64k)
15 ; spectrum update rate in Hz
5000 -6250 7500 12500 15000 25000 ; step size table; units = Hz; negate default
. ; DSD+ path
.\NY.csv ; primary frequency list CSV path\filename
.\NY.csv ; auxiliary frequency list CSV path\filename
miles ; miles or kilometers
99.9 ; search distance
40.7352 -73.2310 ; search origin

Fmp24-help gives directions for serial number use in startup bat if needed but I have never entered one. I mainly use single donge mode and use -i0 so it will grab first dongle it sees.
Options:
-i0 Use first available RTL SDR device [-i0]
-i<num> Use RTL SDR device specified by <num> (1-255)
-i"<ser>" Use RTL SDR device with specified serial number string

venom6733

Premium Subscriber
FMP24.cfg does not ask for a serial number, just FMPP (SdrPlay) and FMPA (Airspy)
I forgot that FMP24 doesnt use a serial number, or at least ive never entered one either as I only use it in single use.
Kinda surprised that the API from SDRPlay actually runs the device he has in the picture though.
Win 10 might give Ondra a different outcome as its been forever since Ive used win 7 for any sdr's

Last edited:

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I believe the RSP1 clones use the MSi2500 chipset, so they should work similar to the authentic SDRplay RSP1. With that said, I too wonder if the problem with FMPP crashing the box is rooted in a Windows 7 driver issue. The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen error on Windows 7 is often related to a driver issue. @ondra - do you have access to another PC running Windows 10 or 11 to test FMPP with this SDR?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, he has something going on as he gets the BSOD. I would like him to post the error logs to see exactly what is causing the crash.. It might shed some light..

ondra

I have installed windows 10 on the desktop computer. Now it gives error in the serial number.

I have some Chinese clones with the MSi2500 chip working exactly like the original, but at the time I read that measures would be taken to prevent its use, for example by blacklisting serial numbers.

I don't know if it's API 3.07 or Fastlane that prevents my RSP1 from working. I have friends working perfectly with win7 and the original RSP1.

The only thing I can think of is trying to change the serial number on my RSP1. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Attachments

• Windows10.jpg
    Windows10.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 11

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The pic shows it sees the dongle with a serial B00060003_00B29BE8 but its saying 000000001 is not present or already in use.

Did you enter the dongles serial number (B00060003-00B29BE8) in FMPP.cfg?

1681168348564.png

I have some Chinese clones with the MSi2500 chip working exactly like the original, but at the time I read that measures would be taken to prevent its use, for example by blacklisting serial numbers.

If your dongle is legit then the serial number should not be blacklisted.

venom6733

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the same problem I had with my rsp1 after I upgraded to API 3.11. I would say unplug your rsp1 and plug it back in again and see if it generates a different serial number on the screen you posted. I asked the tech support if there was a way I can change the serial number on my rsp1 and they said that there wasnt a way cause it didnt have a EEPROM in the rsp1

Heres the email I got from tech support from SDRPlay regarding the same problem:

"
Here’s the email

“The RSP1 has no embedded serial number. The only record of the actual S/N is the label printed on the underside of the unit

The problem that this created is that if the user has two RSP1s, then there is no way to distinguish between the two devices.

A change was implemented in v3.08 of the API to generate a 'random' S/N for each RSP1 in software to allow the two devices to be distinguished.

Clearly this has implications for other software that we were unaware of and in fact, you are the first person to flag this as an issue.

I am afraid that I have no idea why you are having a problem entering the new S/N into the configuration file for DSD+ Fastlane as this is not software that we use ourselves. I can only suggest that you revert back to v3.07 of the API, or contact the author of Fastlane to see if they can help you on using the alternative S/N that is created by later versions of the API. In the meantime, I will ask the S/W team the review this feature to determine how useful it actually is and whether we may be better to revert to the old approach in the next version of the API.”

Regards

Tech_Support

also heres the thread I posted on Radio Reference back in March dealing with the same problem

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
As a test I decided to uninstall SDRplay API 3.11 and then reinstall API 3.07. I then tested with a RSP1 Chinese clone to see what would happen. To ensure success, I followed this process

- Uninstalled API 3.11
- Rebooted the PC
- Deleted any remaining RSP1 and RSP1A entries in the Device Manager
- Installed API 3.07
- Turned off the memory integrity setting (core isolation) on my Win11 laptop
- Rebooted the PC (required for changes in core isolation)
- Edited FMPP.cfg to ensure the serial number was 0000000001
- Ran FMPP-CC.bat. It worked.

RSP1_clone_serial.jpg

I have the authentic RSP1 and RSP1A and both should work with this same process. The only exception is the RSP1A has a real serial number and this serial should be added to the FMPP.cfg file.

ondra

In FMPP.cfg I have put the serial number (B00060003-00B29BE8), but the program reads it as (00000B0003). It hasn't worked.

When I was ready to give up and forget about running RSP1 with my Fastlane, it occurred to me to try my wife's computer (it's a modern computer with USB3 ports and windows 10).

My surprise is that it works with all my Chinese clones with the MSi2500 chip!

Don't ask me what happened... I guess it's the USB3 port or that the sdrplay_api.dll library included in fastlane isn't working very well.

I sincerely appreciate all the support and interest that you have taken with me. Thank you. I close the topic.

73´s

Attachments

• Windows10-2.jpg
    Windows10-2.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Windows10-usb3.jpg
    Windows10-usb3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 6