• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RSS ordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

WQAJ741

Just recently I was approved to purchase RSS from Motorola. I got a catalog in text format and although it was pretty whacked out, I thought I had found what I was looking for. I went to add it to the cart, and an error came up saying that the product had been deleted...so now my question is, how the heck do I order the software? It's for an ht/jt1000...am I missing something??

N4KVE

This is most unfortunate, as "M" has discontinued the software on radios that are perfectly good. This board and others support the view that all software should be "legally" obtained from "M". But what does one do when they no longer sell it? You could go to a local 2 way shop & pay them to program the radio. If you are a ham, & want to use the radio on ham freq's, some shops will give you a discount, as you are not using the radio to earn money. This has been my personal experience. All I will really say is there have been plenty of discussions here on how people get their radios programmed when the software is no longer for sale by "M" even though people still want to purchase it. The search box is your friend here. It might help if others here knew where you lived. Someone living 3 blocks away from your house might be reading this, & be willing to help you, but not know you live so close. GARY N4KVE

Last edited:

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
This is most unfortunate, as "M" has discontinued the software on radios that are perfectly good. This board and others support the view that all software should be "legally" obtained from "M". But what does one do when they no longer sell it? You could go to a local 2 way shop & pay them to program the radio. If you are a ham, & want to use the radio on ham freq's, some shops will give you a discount, as you are not using the radio to earn money. This has been my personal experience. All I will really say is there have been plenty of discussions here on how people get their radios programmed when the software is no longer for sale by "M" even though people still want to purchase it. The search box is your friend here. It might help if others here knew where you lived. Someone living 3 blocks away from your house might be reading this, & be willing to help you, but not know you live so close. GARY N4KVE

This software has been out in the wild for a long time along with many other. Google is your friend. I don't think /\/\ cares about this old stuff anymore or it wouldn't be so easy to obtain.

Status
Not open for further replies.