• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RSSI Level on Analog Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

salarazad

Hi Everybody,

Kindly I would like to know if there is a way to check the RSSI level on an Analog radio like the GP series?

With any digital radio like the DP series, it is possible with a simple trick, (3x press left button, and then 3x press right button); but this method does not work with Analog devices.

Could there be another special trick for Analog radios?

I appreciate your help!

Regards
Saar

salarazad

No, can't do rssi on analog.
Thank you for your reply!
Can Analog radios be connected to the Site Survey software to read the RSSI levels? or any other software that reads the RSSI values from Analog radio?

Tech21

I'm not to familiar with the GP series radios but if you want rssi, the best way to do it is to setup a service monitor at your location and have somebody else key up the repeater and check the signal strength that way.

salarazad

I'm not to familiar with the GP series radios but if you want rssi, the best way to do it is to setup a service monitor at your location and have somebody else key up the repeater and check the signal strength that way.
which cheap but good service monitor would you recommend? can you please share a link?

RFI-EMI-GUY

It is an analog Spectra. I think I used RSS to turn on the RSSI by assigning a button to it. The button that would normally be used for emergency. There is actually a DC RSSI voltage inside the radio that can be brought out my modification. I have no links to the mods, it has been a long while.

Status
Not open for further replies.