TRX-2: RSSI Signals Whistler TRX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

anelson5004

What is the best RSSI Signal meter numbers to gain maximum performance besides the default numbers? I am monitoring 2 P25 Phase 1 systems in Southwest VA and WV (VA Stars Radio System, WV SIRN), along with 1 Nexedge (NXDN) conventional frequency (Bluefield VA PD). Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
anelson5004
anelson5004@gmail.com

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I am pretty sure that adjusting the RSSI values are independent of performance and therefore does not affect the performance of your scanner. It only changes the display of the signal strength bars to your personal preference, which is why is is located under "Display Options."

DJ11DLN

I am pretty sure that adjusting the RSSI values are independent of performance and therefore does not affect the performance of your scanner. It only changes the display of the signal strength bars to your personal preference, which is why is is located under "Display Options."
+1. It won't affect actual scanner performance, just what the signal bars display.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Is there anyway to adjust what RSSI level will force a search for a neighboring site while scanning trunked systems? I find my TRX2 hangs on to a site until it is completely out of range before finding another to use. This obviously causes reception problems when on the fringe of the sites coverage area and the scanner won't switch.

Spitfire8520

Is there anyway to adjust what RSSI level will force a search for a neighboring site while scanning trunked systems? I find my TRX2 hangs on to a site until it is completely out of range before finding another to use. This obviously causes reception problems when on the fringe of the sites coverage area and the scanner won't switch.

As stated above, the RSSI values only affects the signal bars that is seen on the display. Internally, the scanner does not care about the signal bar and will continue to function as long as the signal breaks the squelch and can be decoded.

You might want to mess with the "Multi-Site Settings" on the Trunked Radio Systems menu, especially with the "Low" threshold setting. These are the decode percentages for the control channel. If a site's decode falls below the "Low" threshold, then it should start searching for a new site that has a decode higher than the "High" threshold.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
You might want to mess with the "Multi-Site Settings" on the Trunked Radio Systems menu, especially with the "Low" threshold setting. These are the decode percentages for the control channel. If a site's decode falls below the "Low" threshold, then it should start searching for a new site that has a decode higher than the "High" threshold.

Hey Spitfire, could you point me in the right direction to find this menu? Is it in the software or in the scanner itself? I'm having trouble locating it. I've only had this scanner for 4 days and I'm a bit bewildered by its different methods of operation, I'm slowly learning it as time permits. Been using Unidens for a very long time.. Thanks...

Spitfire8520

Hey Spitfire, could you point me in the right direction to find this menu? Is it in the software or in the scanner itself? I'm having trouble locating it. I've only had this scanner for 4 days and I'm a bit bewildered by its different methods of operation, I'm slowly learning it as time permits. Been using Unidens for a very long time.. Thanks...

It is located in EZ Scan under the "Trunked Radio Systems" tab. You may need to enable this tab using the "Advanced" drop down bar on the top.

The settings are site specific, so they are found after you select any of the sites within your Trunked Radio System. It should be in the bottom left corner.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
It is located in EZ Scan under the "Trunked Radio Systems" tab. You may need to enable this tab using the "Advanced" drop down bar on the top.

The settings are site specific, so they are found after you select any of the sites within your Trunked Radio System. It should be in the bottom left corner.

Thank you, much appreciated. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.