RT Systems: FT_SetLatencyTimer is not Valid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
RT Systems software for the Icom IC-R30. When I try to download or upload to/from the radio, I get a message to make sure the cable is plugged in all the way. It is. I then get a message, "FT_SetLatencyTimer is not Valid!" I don't know what this is or how to fix it. FWIW, the ARC30 software sees the radio, but I don't like that software.

Hit_Factor

There is a setting on the R30, function, USB Connect, Serial Port. See if that's set, then try again. IIRC the readme (or manual) for RT Systems covers this setup for first use.

Also try a different cable, just for grins. It's a simple USB cable, nothing special. ARC30 seeing the radio kinda makes this idea moot. ARC30 sees the radio as a mass storage device, RT Systems sees it differently (no idea what the mode is called).

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
There is a setting on the R30, function, USB Connect, Serial Port. See if that's set, then try again. IIRC the readme (or manual) for RT Systems covers this setup for first use.

Also try a different cable, just for grins. It's a simple USB cable, nothing special. ARC30 seeing the radio kinda makes this idea moot. ARC30 sees the radio as a mass storage device, RT Systems sees it differently (no idea what the mode is called).
Thanks; the radio settings were set to work with the ARC30 software. I had forgotten that the RT software uses different settings, i.e., the USB Connect, Serial Port. Once I changed that, it worked fine. It's been months since I programmed the R-30; you forget if you don't use it very often!

Status
Not open for further replies.