Icom: RT Systems Mac software for ID-51

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking of getting the RT software to use on my Mac Mini instead of constantly dragging my laptop out for my ID51. Anyone ever use this and how do you like it?

kf4sek

I have their software for my Alinco DJ-500 HT and love it. It makes programming many memory channels a breeze. I hope that helps.

k6cpo

I'm not a Mac user but if their Mac software is as good as their Windows software, you should be fine. I have the RT software for 11 different Yaesu models and every single one of them works perfectly.

kf4sek

I use the Windows version. But as k6cpo said, I’m sure the Mac versions are just as good as the Windows versions.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Folks, the OP is asking about the Mac version. You aren't really helping answer the question by talking about the Windows versions. Most people who have been around amateur radio for a while have a generally positive view of RT Systems software, but this question is about a specific version for a specific radio.

k6cpo

Folks, the OP is asking about the Mac version. You aren't really helping answer the question by talking about the Windows versions. Most people who have been around amateur radio for a while have a generally positive view of RT Systems software, but this question is about a specific version for a specific radio.

I qualified my comment, which I made because no one else was answering the question...

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
I spent the past few days trying to use the Yaesu software to program my FTM-400XDR, all without success. Last evening, I discovered RT Systems software for Mac. Somewhat doubtful, I paid the $25 and downloaded the software.

Within an hour, I had the repeaters I needed loaded into my XDR and it works flawlessly. The software plugs in the offsets automatically, either + or minus as appropriate and plugs in the output frequency without help. All one has to do is name the channel and select a power level.

Good stuff and worth more than the listed price!

P. S. - Running OS - Catalina.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I wish we could have access to both OS versions for the same price. The Mac is my day-to-day machine, but I have handfuls of Windows computers, so I always go with that option. I would even pay a little more, but it's not worth double just to have it for the Mac too.

Anyways, I also appreciate the feedback on the Mac versions. I may option for that on my next radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.