Yaesu: RT Systems Programming Software For FT-60R

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I just bought the FT-60R HT and trying to program it with the RT cable/software and it will not 'see' the radio using Dell Win10. Beating my head against the wall here. Updated drivers, rebooted everything, tried different usb ports, nada. What am I missing here. Beginning to wonder if I got a bad cable or something.

Edit: Sorry, meant ADMS in title, I guess it is RT systems, but ADMS cable? Whatever it is called, it isn't working.

Last edited:

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the RT cable or a third party cable? The RT software I have does not work with other cables and has drivers specific to the cable and RT software.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Nope I am using the red cable that came with the RT software CD. When I go into Device Mgr and check the comports it says everything is working properly. My comp cannot see the radio for some odd reason. I am going to reinstall and reboot everything hoping the driver didn't load properly.

KE0GXN

I have had the FT-60 and RT software on (HP & Dell) Windows 10 for over 4 years now and I have never had any of the issues you described.

Hopefully you can get it up and running, however if not I would give the RT folks a call. Although I have never had to use it, everything I have heard and read about their support folks has been great and top notch.

I use RT Systems on all my radios.

Hit_Factor

On my FT3DR I have to power it on while holding the DISP button. That puts it in comm mode, maybe your 60 needs to be turned on a certain way.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Hit_Factor, thanks for reminding me. Both the Chirp and the FT-60 Commander programs require a start-up sequence after the radio is connected. I think the FT-60 Commander also has an alternate sequence if the regular one doesn't work.

KE0GXN

Yes, you have to power the FT-60 up a certain way to get it into clone mode. RT software gives step by step instructions on all of it the second you click on the radio communication tab....it walks you through the entire process of how to turn the radio on, what buttons to hold, etc.. on screen in real time.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
My RT Systems orange cable for the ID-51A stopped working one day. I could not figure out what was wrong, driving me crazy. When I called them they said it sounded like a bad cable. They sent a replacement for free and it worked. You may have received a bad one.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Well I rebooted and reinstalled both the software and the cable port selection and I am not sure what I did wrong but it is working now! Thanks for the help, guys. Much appreciated!

KE0GXN

RT is some good stuff! Unfortunately for me I consider myself computer illiterate and therefore I am sure I am not even scratching the surface of what RT can do for me besides basic programming.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Well basic programming is all I am using it for as of right now, and it looks awesome to me. I programmed in my favorite 10 repeaters with all particulars and it loaded just fine. So far I am liking this far better than CHIRP or VX7 Commander. Nice program, very easy to use.

W5lz

I've had RT Systems software, Chirp, and the manufacturer's programs. Usually, the manufacturer's software does just fine (AND IT'S FREE). And like almost everyone else, I've had various types of USB/Serial converters. Some worked just fine on several programs, some didn't. Usually the software provided by the equipment's manufacturer works with more than one type of those adapters, but having more than one 'brand' is sort of a good idea. I have Kenwood equipment and usually use their software. Except for the TS-2000 all of that software is free, which definitely is a factor I consider. Whatever works for you, that's the best software.

k6cpo

The trouble is that virus called Windows 10. :D:D:D

I've run the same RT Systems FT-60R software on five different Windows operating systems, XP, Vista, Win 7,8 and 10, and it's worked flawlessly on every single one.

I've had RT Systems software, Chirp, and the manufacturer's programs. Usually, the manufacturer's software does just fine (AND IT'S FREE). And like almost everyone else, I've had various types of USB/Serial converters. Some worked just fine on several programs, some didn't. Usually the software provided by the equipment's manufacturer works with more than one type of those adapters, but having more than one 'brand' is sort of a good idea. I have Kenwood equipment and usually use their software. Except for the TS-2000 all of that software is free, which definitely is a factor I consider. Whatever works for you, that's the best software.

The only radio I use CHIRP on is the Baofeng I got for free. I've tried the manufacturer's (Yaesu) software and it's crap. The only thing I use now is RT Systems.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I'm getting used to it and really like it so far. Getting ready for a trip out to Calif and taking the FT-60 with, so I am programming local repeaters in and around Escondido. Getting easier everytime I add something

Status
Not open for further replies.