RT Systems Programming Software question

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone having trouble with the RT Systems programming software for the Anytone 578? When I click on Settings>Radio Menu Settings the AT-D578 Programmer shuts down instead of opening the Radio Menu Settings window…

eorange

♦RF Enabled Member♦
A few years ago I had problems with their VR-500 programmer software and so I opened a tech support ticket from their site. They were very helpful and as it turned out I discovered some bugs which they fixed pretty quickly.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I also have a high regard for RT Systems. However, when I tried to connect with them today I got error messages. So, my fallback was to hit the forums…

k6cpo

RT Software often leaves a lot to be desired. Quirky and limited.

So what is your suggestion in lieu of RT Systems? Personally, I haven't found anything better for the radios I have, which are pretty much all Yaesu. I've tried the free Yaesu programming software for some of my radios and it's junk compared to RT, which I have NEVER had a problem with.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
So what is your suggestion in lieu of RT Systems? Personally, I haven't found anything better for the radios I have, which are pretty much all Yaesu. I've tried the free Yaesu programming software for some of my radios and it's junk compared to RT, which I have NEVER had a problem with.

It would depend on which radio.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I purchased probably 20 sets of RT Systems, Inc. software and cable sets from approximately 2006-2011 when I began a collection of various hand-held and mobile ham radio rigs. I think I contacted RTS 2 times during that period.

I recently got into Yaesu System Fusion and got cables/software in 2021 from RTS which worked again flawlessly. IMHO, they are the best for quality, clarity, and support.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I use RT products on my scanners, HTs, and mobile radios. Like any software, there are little things I would like different, but from a "it does what it should" aspect I have no complaints.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Ok. That link seemed to work for me. Currently awaiting their reply…
Long time RTS user across many radios.

Last I looked many months back DMR radios were not on their agenda. Maybe you found a "bug".
A few programming software packages require reading the radio first.
Is your 578 model a match to their compatibly list?

I have found the typical Anytone radio firmware and CPS have to be in lockstep with each other. Usually because radio menu setting in the firmware change and the older version of the CPS does not know how to deal with the additions. My comments based on moving thru the many 868 and 878 firmware changes over the years. RTS was not a player at the time for Anytone DMR.

Let us know how it is resolved.
Mike

Last edited:

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone having trouble with the RT Systems programming software for the Anytone 578? When I click on Settings>Radio Menu Settings the AT-D578 Programmer shuts down instead of opening the Radio Menu Settings window…
I gave up trying RT’s email and phoned them today. It seems they were made aware o
Long time RTS user across many radios.

Last I looked many months back DMR radios were not on their agenda. Maybe you found a "bug".
A few programming software packages require reading the radio first.
Is your 578 model a match to their compatibly list?

I have found the typical Anytone radio firmware and CPS have to be in lockstep with each other. Usually because radio menu setting in the firmware change and the older version of the CPS does not know how to deal with the additions. My comments based on moving thru the many 868 and 878 firmware changes over the years. RTS was not a player at the time for Anytone DMR.

Let us know how it is resolved.
Mike
RT had corrected the glitch in their software just after I noticed it last week. I simply had to update the software and can now see the pop-up window for Radio Menu Settings. Thanks all for your help! I’d like to chose out this thread but haven’t found where to do that…

Status
Not open for further replies.