RTL-1090 file missing rtlsdr.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
I already had my dongle installed and working with sdrsharp program and decided to look at setting up for aircraft tracking-mapping-listening to. I needed two additional things: Virtual Radar Server and RTL-1090 program. I downloaded Virtual Radar Server with no issues but when I downloaded RTL-1090, when the install was complete, I got a message saying: Could not start program because file rtlsdr.dll is not on this computer. But when I look in the SDRSHARP folder, I find the file rtlsdr.dll so it is on the computer.

Any ideas on this one. Maybe I need to copy the file and put it the the rtl-1090 folder??

Nothing is easy with any of this
Thanks for any help
Larry G

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The file need to be in the directory that rtl 1090 is in. You should be able to copy it over. I believe that's what I had to do..

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Appreciate it. I just did it and it worked at first then quit working. I had to copy over two files . Now when I start the RTL-1090 program and I hit START it says:
started
1 RTLSDR DEVICE (s) Found:
INDEX: 0, CANNOT READ DEVICE INFO: -3
CANNOT FIND DEVICE:SER=

SDRSHARP still works fine scanning away frequencies no problem.

Last edited:

humblegeo

Premium Subscriber
Disregard, all is working now. Installed RTL-1090 program into my SDRSHARP folder and ran it from there.

kma371

QRT
I believe DUMP1090 has superceded RTL1090 as the latter does not process raw data. Might want to upgrade to that.

kma371

QRT
Since when? Both have to process raw data to even work.

Maybe I should clarify that it better processes the raw data for MLAT purposes. This is what I was told from Planeplotter staff as they prefer the dump1090 program for that reason. I would assume the same is true for other programs.

ADS-B dump1090 also says dump1090 has superseeded rtl1090.

Status
Not open for further replies.