RTL-SDR and Unitrunker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
I have a Nooelec RTL-SDR and Unitrunker. I just want to decode the control channel of one P25 radio system. I do not want to listen to any audio. Can anyone recommend a easy set-up guide? Thanks.

air-scan

I have a Nooelec RTL-SDR and Unitrunker. I just want to decode the control channel of one P25 radio system. I do not want to listen to any audio. Can anyone recommend a easy set-up guide? Thanks.
Just follow his steps in his video for the control channel in Unitrunker.

DRL-XM43

If you join the UT forum and download V2-14 the only thing you have to do is put a control frequency into the signal vfo, all the rest is pre-configured. If you don't want to listen to voice audio mute it in the voice vfo.

Basically nothing to set up and no VB cable required. Short of squeezing your chest so you can breathe - it could not be easier LOL

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Understand that Unitrunker V2 will decode the control channel and present data. It will optionally allow for voice monitoring of analog and P25 Phase 1 audio, but not Phase 2, and would likely require a second SDR to cover all system voice channels due to band width limitations of SDR dongles. The video posted above is not Unitrunker.

Website to read about UT2: Unitrunker - index

In order to acquire the program, you need to join the UT Google Group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.