RTL-SDR dongle recognized (and ejected) by Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmsarge

I have a RTL-SDR dongle which I use with AirSpy/SDRSharp #, and it was working fine till two weeks back. But looks like there was some automatic update done on Windows 10 or on the BIOS of my Sony Laptop (running Windows 10). Now when I fix my RTL-SDR dongle, I hear the the distinct tone of a device getting added, and immediately I also get the "device disconnected" tone as well. And in Device Manager, I don't see any device which can be considered as the RTL-SDR dongle.

F-Secure is the Anti-Virus software on my laptop and Windows Defender is also active. I am not sure on which application is actually "ejecting" my USB dongle. Has any one else faced a similar issue, and got this resolved?

NebraskaCoder

Sounds like a falty hardware connection. I'm assuming that you tried rebooting already?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

qmsarge

Sounds like a falty hardware connection. I'm assuming that you tried rebooting already?
I have a USB Hub (to which I connect my Wifi Keyboard, printer etc.) and I connected the RTL-SDR dongle to a free USB port available. It was "recognized" and I could use it with AirSpy/#SDR sharp smoothly. I have not tried rebooting the device, but would give that a try tomorrow (if the issue persists).

cg

Premium Subscriber
I would suggest running the Zadig driver installer. I have had to do that with some computers after Windows updates

chris

qmsarge

Thanks for the suggestion. The dongle is getting "recognized" easily and it worked quite well yesterday.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
I know this is days late, but you should be able to see something in Event Viewer under System with the device messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.