RTL-SDR Dongles/DSD+/Trunking Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohioscanman

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Has anyone figured out how to record a P25 system on Trunking Recorder with 2 dongles and DSD Plus and Unitrunker? I have fiddled around and can only get the digital carrier signal to record. I have everything running through a VB Audio Cable. Trying to get the new MARCS system for Montgomery County, Ohio to record.

I am missing how to separate the voice from the VB Cable to output it to the recorder. I have to send both the signal and the voice to VB Cable to decrypt, and it works fine for listening. Just no recording. Any suggestions??? Or, is it even possible?

Thanks,

OSM

satboy8888

Hello,

Has anyone figured out how to record a P25 system on Trunking Recorder with 2 dongles and DSD Plus and Unitrunker? I have fiddled around and can only get the digital carrier signal to record. I have everything running through a VB Audio Cable. Trying to get the new MARCS system for Montgomery County, Ohio to record.

I am missing how to separate the voice from the VB Cable to output it to the recorder. I have to send both the signal and the voice to VB Cable to decrypt, and it works fine for listening. Just no recording. Any suggestions??? Or, is it even possible?

Thanks,

OSM
Multiple virtual cables my friend. Don't cross the streams, it just muddies the water. Signal on one, each voice on separate cables again

ohioscanman

Premium Subscriber
Multiple virtual cables my friend. Don't cross the streams, it just muddies the water. Signal on one, each voice on separate cables again

Ahh. Makes perfect sense. I will buy the software for multiple virtual cables and try it out. Thanks!!

ohioscanman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks folks. Got it working. Now Ive got to get the "fine tuning" done to get rid of the digitization Im getting. Guess I messed around too much and got out of tune. Still works but lots of distortion.

satboy8888

Thanks folks. Got it working. Now Ive got to get the "fine tuning" done to get rid of the digitization Im getting. Guess I messed around too much and got out of tune. Still works but lots of distortion.
Watch your volume levels going through the virtual cables, you may need to turn them down some. Watch the signal meter in dsd to ensure it's not being overwhelmed. You may need to adjust the recording side of the virtual cable input volumes

ke5eua

How did you get it working?

I've been trying to do the same and no matter what I do trunking recorder picks up the carrier along with the output.

My setup is vb cables A & B, unitrunker /w 2 RTL-SDR's, and dsd+.

I have been having DSD+ save in individual files but I'm moving the setup to a headless setup and the web application of trunking recorder is perfect for my needs.

Here are some screen shots of my configs.

Thank you,
Michael

Attachments

• DSD.jpg
    DSD.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 564
  • Trunking Recorder.jpg
    Trunking Recorder.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 513
  • Universal Trunker.jpg
    Universal Trunker.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 525