RTL-SDR Drivers Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-scan

Now this is not what is in any of the reading detailing the need for Zadig on a Windows 10 machine. I did a full clean install from HP Cloud Recovery bootable USB stick. I plugged in both my RTL-SDR dongles. Didn't even run Zadig. I seen that they are recognized as they were in the previous windows installation in the Device Manager. SDR Trunk and DSD+ worked!

Synced hardware profile to Microsoft account installing them?

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Its possible that that cloud recovery included your hardware profile/drivers you had already installed. If that's the case, I wonder if it would be considered a 'clean' install. Did it keep or carry over your files and documents, etc?

air-scan

Its possible that that cloud recovery included your hardware profile/drivers you had already installed. If that's the case, I wonder if it would be considered a 'clean' install. Did it keep or carry over your files and documents, etc?
No i told the wrong recovery method. I did the windows reset option that's why it carried over the RTL-SDR driver. HP Cloud Recovery doesn't carry over anything just it's factory installation with a Feature update it downloads during the process. I did the HP Cloud Recovery today and it didn't carry nothing over. I had to lose that v2004 feature update it was bogging things down as time went on. HP hasn't even tested this laptop with the v2004 feature update. The CS series of the HP Pavilion 15 line is kind of new still. Some laptop battery vendors don't even list the CS series.

lwvmobile

DSD-FME
Yep. That'll do it to. Its not like they can keep the interface dialog clean and precise and not confusing. They certainly love to change things, and Microsoft has a knack for those 'feature updates' where the main feature is breaking new things that were never broke before :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.