RTL-SDR In MN

Pcpro745

we use sdrtrunk to send all of ours to broadcastify it’s under the streaming tab

Pcpro745

It’s super nice and can lead you down a rabbit hole. I have a a private ice cast server that I have setup where I can listen to more talk groups than broadcastify allows you to broadcast also. We’re about to deploy two more machines in the next week.

I can help out with some settings on SDRTrunk too that make it work better and pull in some more calls

You should technically be running 3 dongles for Wadena county depending on which tower you are grabbing. Each dongle does 2.4mhz of range.

The Sebeka tower needs 3 but the Alrdich one only needs two.

Last edited:

ToddWilkinson

ScanMN
It’s super nice and can lead you down a rabbit hole. I have a a private ice cast server that I have setup where I can listen to more talk groups than broadcastify allows you to broadcast also. We’re about to deploy two more machines in the next week.

I can help out with some settings on SDRTrunk too that make it work better and pull in some more calls

You should technically be running 3 dongles for Wadena county depending on which tower you are grabbing. Each dongle does 2.4mhz of range.

The Sebeka tower needs 3 but the Alrdich one only needs two.
im on hewitt tower got 2 dongs and sounds prime but i have another coming

Pcpro745

Oh haha! Yeah I basically just add up the frequencies together then just divide by 2.4 to tell me how many dongles I need.