RTL-SDR issue with SDR# v1920

crossdw

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded my SDR# from v1919 to v1920 (Community Version with Plugins) on Windows 10. I used Zadig to re-load the drivers as usual. Windows sees the RTL-SDR and it works fine in other applications such as DSDPlus. When I start SDR# it shows the dongle in the Source dropdown as Generic RTL2832U (0). When I click the Play button to start monitoring, the Source and Sampling Mode dropdowns both "fade out", I don't get an error message, and the software does not appear to lock up, but there is no waveform in the main window and no audio. When I click the Stop button the Source and Sampling windows return and I can select from the dropdown menus.

Did something change in this new version regarding the dongle/driver that I am missing?

Unitrunker2

Premium Subscriber
I upgraded my SDR# from v1919 to v1920 (Community Version with Plugins) on Windows 10.
Recently upgraded to 1920 here. FWIW - working fine with my SDRs - RTL-SDR.com, Nooelec, Airspy, Airspy Mini, HF Discovery, and HackRF.
I used Zadig to re-load the drivers as usual.
If you were upgrading SDR#, no need to run Zadig as the SDR's driver is already set. You do want to get the latest rtlsdr library.
Windows sees the RTL-SDR and it works fine in other applications such as DSDPlus. When I start SDR# it shows the dongle in the Source dropdown as Generic RTL2832U (0). When I click the Play button to start monitoring, the Source and Sampling Mode dropdowns both "fade out", I don't get an error message, and the software does not appear to lock up, but there is no waveform in the main window and no audio. When I click the Stop button the Source and Sampling windows return and I can select from the dropdown menus.
Check the program folder for an error file. One is called "PluginError.log" but there may be others.

crossdw

Premium Subscriber
I re-checked everything again and still the same issue. I re-ran the install-rtlsdr.bat just to make sure and still no luck. The only log file is install.log and it says everything is fine - no errors.

I did a complete un-install and installed the base version of v1920 and it works, so it's something with the Community version.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
Not a community package fan...but I just installed it, opened the folder, went to bin, ran the install-rtlsdr.bat, opened sdrsharp.exe, pancake menu, source, choose rtl-sdr usb, set gain to 22.9, hit play and tuned to broadcast fm station, all good. Plugin error log shows an issue with the calicoCAT plugin.

It normal for the device & sampling mode to lock once you click play.

You ran zadig twice, hit stop and click the device drop menu & see if it lists another device(you running zadig twice & and the driver you over wrote may have created a false device)