RTL-SDR TETRA Decoding

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know if i can listen to tetra with my RTL-SDR? If so could you point me in the right direction? The company I work for in Mississippi just implemented a PowerTrunk TETRA solution that covers about 45% of the state of MS. I would really like to listen in.

mciupa

Check out the download for SDR# with Community plug-ins. TETRA is included in that package.

mciupa

Also, give a listen to our Transit system which is TETRA PowerTrunk. The Feed Provider is using SDR.

The audio is great. I'm sure the feed provider could help you with any set up questions if you message him.

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
does anyone know if i can listen to tetra with my RTL-SDR? If so could you point me in the right direction? The company I work for in Mississippi just implemented a PowerTrunk TETRA solution that covers about 45% of the state of MS. I would really like to listen in.
If you get this figured out let me know. You and I are interested in the same company if I’m not mistaken. I’ve got my 2 SDRs running on Trunked systems.

thewraith2008

You could try TETRA Trunk Tracker (also know as TTT) and it's for Windows.

This is a plug-in for SDR# (TETRA Demodulator) and a stand alone program to control SDR#+Plug-in and handle the calls across the network.
Many different features are provided, see the documentation.
Can use with one or two SDR dongles (supported by SDR#) which will provide a different feature set.
Has PDF documentation for setup and usage.

There is a mega thread here with many answers to possible questions and the latest released version (link to DL in post) here.

NOTE: It is recommended to use an older version of SDR# (unskinned v1716) which can still be downloaded from Airspy.
This version is the last version before it became bloatware.
Just don't go to the Airpy forum and ask for support for it as they will tear you a new one.

There is a off shoot project called TETRA Network Monitor (TMN).
This allows to monitor multiple MCCH at same time.
This not as developed as TTT but you may find it of interest.
see here.