RTL1090 RTL28932U R820T ADS-B MODE-S help

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

screamin72

I have already established my RTL2832U R820T dongles (all 3) are working for ADS-B.

I have other issues which searching the internet found me in dead ends or not enough information to satisfy me since it is a new technology brought out in 2007.

Very very difficult to find a BaseStation.sqb that actually works with RTL1090, and Virtual Radar server. Dunno if ADSBScope requires one. Anyone in the USA have a pre-populated basestation.sqb which actually works? Much appreciated if anyone has one. I live in the USA.

I already found that

Aerodata's links to theirs are dead

The only 2 on the internet I found work with PlanePlotter, no thanks! I like RTL1090, ADSBScope, VirtualRadar Server, and Dump1090 with browser which is the only thing I like from COAA.

All I need is a USA made pre-populated BaseStation.sqb that actually works for RTL1090 which I use as primary ADS-B Mode S tracking. My Location is near KOKC Will Rogers World Airport, and KPWA Wiley Post its a general aviation airport. KTIK Tinker AFB too.

Another thing is help with MLAT to plot aircraft within RTL1090. A fraction of all USA air traffic is transmitting their lat/lon coordinance on Mode-S. I want to know how to make RTL1090 plot MLAT without bothering with PlanePlotter. :confused:

attachment is a Jpeg image of why I am asking for a USA made BaseStation.sqb and MLAT help which actually works in RTL1090

2nd is just an image of DOJ Federal Marshalls flying...DOJ420;)

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

MLAT is a PlanePlotter feature. As you might have discovered already, PP no longer supports RTL1090. Dump1090Windows is now required for SDR-based sharing.

The Manchester club hosts the "master" basestation.sqb file. I don't recall their exact URL, but if you search for MANTMA, it should come up. There are few USA-specific tracking files because the hobby originated in Europe and most data are Eurocentric.

S

screamin72

Noone in the USA has expanded a USA based BaseStation.sqb? This could bring some notariety to the person if he or she decides to!

D

DaveNF2G

I've been maintaining my own basestation.sqb for about a year. I probably have more USA-based aircraft in mine than anyone in Europe. My copy is the "long form" database, so I have also entered names given to various aircraft by their operators. I also use special operator flags and symbols for aircraft whose registration status is incorrect or whose Mode-S setups are suspect.

I have not downloaded a "master" basestation file in many months. I don't trust any of the auto-compare scripting and I don't want to lose months of work.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Very very difficult to find a BaseStation.sqb that actually works with RTL1090, and Virtual Radar server.

1.) PlanebaseNG Aircraft Database software (Free)
(Email them for the link to download the software & instructions)
http://www.planebase.biz

2.) VRS Database Writer Plugin (Free)
Automatically adds the aircraft you are receiving to the basestation.sqb file. (It has the option making a blank copy of the basestation.sqb file to start fresh for your area)
http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/Download.aspx

3.) Use PBlink2 to update the database fields in the basestation.sqb you use with the VRS software.
About two button clicks to get everything updated.
You can also make changes for any aircraft data fields.

http://support.planebase.biz

The PlaneBaseNG Database updated each week (Monday & Thursday).
http://support.planebase.biz/support/solutions/articles/1000081773-how-often-is-planebaseng-data

brennan74

Hi there, were you ever able to resolve this issue, im having the same one. Really just want my military units to be updated when they post on VRS, thanks. HOw is the spotting at Tinker, im down in lawton, go to altus quite abit, need to get to tinker though.

Status
Not open for further replies.