RTL1090

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hello,

I am trying to setup to feed live aircraft in my area and RTL1090 is saying that it can not find my RTL2832 dongle device (blue one). I downloaded the right driver via zadig it still does not work. Any ideas?

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Click on 'Config' on the rtl1090 screen.

Do you have the port set correctly?

Rich

Edit: Did the driver install correctly? Does any other software find the dongle?
Zadig - USB driver installation made easy

Hello Rich,

I have the right port set correctly it still shows can not find the dongle. I deleted the computer driver when it automatically detects the dongle then rebooted and then I used Zadig to update the dongle to the WINUSB driver. It still doesn't work. Is the WCID suppose to be green instead of red?

image1_zpswdkpdbe4.jpg

Last edited:

rbm

When the Zadig driver is properly installed, it will show in your device manager as shown below.

Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 1)

If Windows installed the default driver, you'll have to delete the device in 'Device Manager', reboot, and start over.
The default driver is NOT good for your purposes.

I installed the driver on all of my computers quite a while ago, so some things may be somewhat different now.

Rich

Edit: The image below is from one of my Windows 7 computers.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
When the Zadig driver is properly installed, it will show in your device manager as shown below.

Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 1)

If Windows installed the default driver, you'll have to delete the device in 'Device Manager', reboot, and start over.
The default driver is NOT good for your purposes.

I installed the driver on all of my computers quite a while ago, so some things may be somewhat different now.

Rich

Edit: The image below is from one of my Windows 7 computers.

I'll go and re try to reinstall the WinUSB driver again and maybe it'll work this time.

rbm

If you are running Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can read this.

"Solving issues with device drivers and programs in Windows 10

"If you want to plug some old or specific hardware and the Windows drivers are not signed, you might need to disable the driver signature enforcement in Windows 10 (or Windows 8/8.1) because Windows will not allow you to install those unsigned drivers. The typical solution is to reboot Windows into Advanced Startup mode and disable driver signature enforcement."

From here:
Solving issues with drivers and programs in Windows 10

Rich

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
If you are running Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can read this.

"Solving issues with device drivers and programs in Windows 10

"If you want to plug some old or specific hardware and the Windows drivers are not signed, you might need to disable the driver signature enforcement in Windows 10 (or Windows 8/8.1) because Windows will not allow you to install those unsigned drivers. The typical solution is to reboot Windows into Advanced Startup mode and disable driver signature enforcement."

From here:
Solving issues with drivers and programs in Windows 10

Rich

I just followed the instructions via Command Prompt and dongle still doesn't show via RTL1090. Not sure what is causing the issue and I don't know anyone close by to come over and fix the issue.

rbm

I just followed the instructions via Command Prompt and dongle still doesn't show via RTL1090. Not sure what is causing the issue and I don't know anyone close by to come over and fix the issue.

Does it show in device manager with the correct driver?
If so, then it may be a setup problem with rtl1090.

Have you tried it with SDRSharp or some other software?
If not, I could send a zip file to you that contains a working copy of SDR3.
You just unzip it into a separate folder and run it to verify the driver is installed correctly.

Rich

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Does it show in device manager with the correct driver?
If so, then it may be a setup problem with rtl1090.

Have you tried it with SDRSharp or some other software?
If not, I could send a zip file to you that contains a working copy of SDR3.
You just unzip it into a separate folder and run it to verify the driver is installed correctly.

Rich

Under device manager it shows the right driver. I haven't tried it with anything else. Could you send me SDR3?

rbm

Under device manager it shows the right driver. I haven't tried it with anything else. Could you send me SDR3?

Sure can.
PM me a good email address that can receive a 1.5mb file and you'll have it shortly.

Just unzip the contents into is own folder and start the SDRSharp application.
If the driver and dongle is good it will start running, tuned to the middle of the NOAA 162 MHz Weather band.

Rich

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Sure can.
PM me a good email address that can receive a 1.5mb file and you'll have it shortly.

Just unzip the contents into is own folder and start the SDRSharp application.
If the driver and dongle is good it will start running, tuned to the middle of the NOAA 162 MHz Weather band.

Rich

Sending you a message right now. :)

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
You should really be using DUMP1090 as it provides raw data for MLAT.

I got DUMP1090 running but its not picking up any aircraft...So I guess no aircraft near by? What settings do I need to use?

kma371

QRT
I got DUMP1090 running but its not picking up any aircraft...So I guess no aircraft near by? What settings do I need to use?

It sounds like your computer still isn't recognizing your device. Are you sure you got the drivers all set up?

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
It sounds like your computer still isn't recognizing your device. Are you sure you got the drivers all set up?

Yes, I am sure when I click on start on RTL1090 and DUMP1090 it starts up like it suppose to. I don't know what to check.

Here are two photographs that I just took...Maybe this will help with the issue on the second photograph it shows vid should that be there or do I need to re download the installer again? Also where it shows the IP in RTL1090 it shows 127.0.0.1 is that my own IP address that goes there or does the 127.0.0.1 stay there?

IMG_0377_zpstbfbh024.jpg

IMG_0378_zpsloroo1ri.jpg

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
So I am guessing since its showing one aircraft next to A/C on RTL1090 so I guess its working but no aircraft being shown on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.