RTL1090

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
I'm using a DPD Productions ADS-B antenna that worked when I lived in Florida.

ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna

vertical_new_long1_large.jpg

Hmm. what set up did you use while you were in Florida? Software wise?

I want to help you but I'm going to be out of town for a few days. May need to call you on the phone or use Teamviewer.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Hmm. what set up did you use while you were in Florida? Software wise?

I want to help you but I'm going to be out of town for a few days. May need to call you on the phone or use Teamviewer.

When I lived in Florida I use RTL1090, PlanePlotter and MilAirComms for military air for ADS-B.

Edit...I got it working fine now, but it doesn't show the aircraft on PlanePlotter I am tracking on RTL1090 which is strange.

Last edited:

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
My next issue is that when I go to put in my latitude and longitude both RTL1090 and PlanePlotter shows my location in a different area. My lat and longitude is...

Latitude: 32.5911 Longitude: -83.7791 not sure how to put that in

kma371

QRT
My next issue is that when I go to put in my latitude and longitude both RTL1090 and PlanePlotter shows my location in a different area. My lat and longitude is...

Latitude: 32.5911 Longitude: -83.7791 not sure how to put that in

If you are using Planeplotter, they prefer you use dump1090 as RTL1090 is outdated and doesn't allow raw data. It's a much better program anyhow. I think using that would fix your issue.

I don't think RTL1090 requires a location, but Planeplotter does. I would fix your location in Planeplotter first.

Here's a good reference for both:

http://www.nicstorey.co.uk/planeplotter/dump1090win

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
kma,

I got the issue fix. The issue was the extension cable so it got replaced with a new one and the I am picking up airplanes all over the place. I'm using DUMP1090, PlanePlotter, Virtual Radar Server and MilAirComms (Military). Thank you for the help!

- Jamie

kma371

QRT
kma,

I got the issue fix. The issue was the extension cable so it got replaced with a new one and the I am picking up airplanes all over the place. I'm using DUMP1090, PlanePlotter, Virtual Radar Server and MilAirComms (Military). Thank you for the help!

- Jamie

Awesome. Glad you got it working.

Status
Not open for further replies.