Rumson EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

Did anyone catch the announcement on the Rumson FD/EMS frequency earlier tonight regarding EMS dispatching? I wasn't paying close attention at the beginning but it sounded like he said dispatching would be on the current EMS channel and comms after dispatch would be on the DPW frequency. Then he said all EMS members should drop their pagers off at the first aid building Monday and pick them up at the end of the day, which leads me to believe that they will be using a different dispatch frequency. Nothing new listed for them on the FCC Database, so maybe dispatching will be done on the DPW frequency? If anyone heard this and can clarify, would you please post? Thanks.

Tech792

You are correct. We received a letter this week at work. Paging/dispatching will still take place on the normal 155.94......then all communications with HQ during the call will take place on the new 151 mhz DPW frequency.

squad1321

Confirmed. We are getting our radios reprogrammed today, as well. From what I know, there is simulateous dispatch on both freqs, but EMS will operate on the newer (DPW) channel. I am getting the correct freq and PL tones and will post later.

DJ88

Thank you both for responding. The only other frequencies Rumson is FCC licensed for are 151.0100, listed on the database here as Common (PD, FD, EMS, DPW) and 154.47125, licensed under two call signs, one for the Water Dept.and another with no specific department listed.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Although they may be simulcasting the tones and dispatch on RUMSON LG and RUMSON DPW/EMS, the ems pagers will open up on RUMSON LG, and all ems responders will use DPW to call in service on as a tact channel.

scannersnstuff

i caught rumson telling their member's that local was back in service. swith and operate on local.

Status
Not open for further replies.