Running Multiple Instances of Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeksben1

Don,

First, I have to say that I love your Win500 software. I'm wondering how one would setup Win500 so that they could run mutiple instances of the software? I realize I'd need to have multiple PSR 500/600 scanners and have the needed ports opened on my router if I wanted to stream each instance. I'm wondering how I would configure the software itself?

Thanks,

DonS

The easiest way would be to run them from two directories, so that they each use their own "INI" file. Then, you'd just set the COM port in each to point to their respective scanners.

If you're doing logging/recording/streaming, you'll also need to set:
  • The log file directory on the Monitor/Control tab. They should be different directories, to avoid file write conflicts in the log file.
  • The "Port" number on the Monitor/Control tab, so that clients can connect to either instance separately
  • The "Audio input device" on the Configuration menu, pointing each instance to the audio device to which that scanner is connected. To record/stream two radios, you'll need two audio devices. You can't just use the Mic and Line In inputs on a single audio device.

Status
Not open for further replies.