Rural Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmrounds

Premium Subscriber
Oh wow! thats good to know. Does the 928-445-3811 number ring directly to the pod handing Yavapai?

We don't have any direct phone lines like that. Even ring down phones can be picked up by any radio dispatcher or 911 call taker in the room, regardless of what system they are working in. Lifeline Prescott calls ring to an "Ambo Emergency" line. That is also how calls from agencies like Payson or Yavapai County Sheriff come in. Yavapai is split between two pods. One for EMS and one for Fire. Anyone that answers can help you though.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
We don't have any direct phone lines like that. Even ring down phones can be picked up by any radio dispatcher or 911 call taker in the room, regardless of what system they are working in. Lifeline Prescott calls ring to an "Ambo Emergency" line. That is also how calls from agencies like Payson or Yavapai County Sheriff come in. Yavapai is split between two pods. One for EMS and one for Fire. Anyone that answers can help you though.

We had that in Orlando and actually had a printer from Orange County Fire Rescue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WIS262

Ok, when I dispatched for Rural Metro / Southwest Ambulance back in the day they had that Ambo Emergency line that was a 520 number for the agencies in Pinal County to call. Or at least the local 520 number was routed to that switch. Then there was the 480-945-6311 for non-emergency Rural Fire calls. Then the 602-267-8991 that was the general Southwest Ambulance transport request line. They all rang to everyone, but if I was working in the fire pod, I would only answer the 9-1-1s or the lines associated to my area. I wouldn't answer the Southwest general transport line.

I'm having my agency officially ask which numbers we should use since we have a bunch of duplicates.

kmrounds

Premium Subscriber
Ok, when I dispatched for Rural Metro / Southwest Ambulance back in the day they had that Ambo Emergency line that was a 520 number for the agencies in Pinal County to call. Or at least the local 520 number was routed to that switch. Then there was the 480-945-6311 for non-emergency Rural Fire calls. Then the 602-267-8991 that was the general Southwest Ambulance transport request line. They all rang to everyone, but if I was working in the fire pod, I would only answer the 9-1-1s or the lines associated to my area. I wouldn't answer the Southwest general transport line.

I'm having my agency officially ask which numbers we should use since we have a bunch of duplicates.

Correct. That’s is still how it is. We are so busy now that everyone has their “primary” phone lines they are responsible for, but everyone helps out and picks up other lines so we don’t keep anyone waiting. Since I don’t work IF or EMS I couldn’t tell you what those numbers would be off the top of my head. That non emergent RMFD line is still used though. The other problem we have is that crews don’t always call in on the correct line. There are interfacility crews that call the fire crew lines and so on. If you PM me with what numbers your looking for and what agency you work for, I can find out for you when I go in tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.