Russell Co SO P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I had a client to day with a HomePatrol that has not been able to hear the Russell Co Sheriff. They are listed in the DB as analog on 155.310. According to the FCC license they are also licensed for NXDN and P25.

She contacted someone in the SO who said they use a "NAC Code of 69". This tells me they have switched to P25.

Is there anyone in the area that can confirm this?

In the meantime I told her how to set up on the freq in "Quick Frequency Entry" and she will let me know how it works.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure this isn't overly helpful, but NXDN seems to be rather popular in rural Kentucky. So I could see where they might be using NXDN.

Whether its the cost factor or the perception of outsiders not being able to listen in. . .

When I'm passing through an area that uses NXDN, I receive an annoying digital control channel like sound. Does you client hear anything like that?

N9JIG

Sheriff
She is using a Home Patrol and it has PL on the analog channel for the SO, it just isn't stopping at all.

Once she puts the freq in via the Quick Freq Entry we will see if she is hearing anything or not.

I am leaning towards P5 though, they provided her with a valid NAC code and the fire channel is listed as P25.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I did some more research and found a new freq for the RCSO, 151.0775 (rpts 158.730) callsign WQEQ965. This is not listed in the RRDB, thus not in the HomePatrol.

The license has analog and TRBO emissions but the SO claims to be P25. I had her put this freq in the radio and she will let me know if it works.

If there is anyone in the area that can try this channel and confirm the emission type I would appreciate it.

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
I live in Laurel County (Pulaski County sits in-between me and Russell county). Next time I'm home from work, I'll go hill top and see what I can pick up.

whitty

Premium Subscriber
I 'm in Wayne County and I have what RR has listed for Russell Co. and have not heard SO, but have heard EMS and it is digital.

BigEd1314

Premium Subscriber
I heard p-25 traffic on RR listed frequencies for SO. Cannot confirm if was them for sure but I was picking up p25 traffic.

cookjames35

i checked that frrequency 151.0775 on russell co thier is nothing on that channell thier law dispatch is 155.3100 with nac code of 069

Status
Not open for further replies.