Ruston PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5ims

While in Ruston last weekend, i noticed that voice inversion was used at times. It sounded like some officers had it and others didn't. When used, it sounded like DPL tones were used to activate the decoders. My question is does dispatch also use voice inversion? I never heard any dispatches in the clear. The RR database indicates only high ranking officers use voice inversion and if my observations are correct, we should update the database.

Also, does anyone know what radios are used by them?

Pimpala03

Dispatch uses inversion most of the time. 75% of their traffic is scrambled and most of the time you won't catch both sides of their conversations so I have this channel locked out of my radio's scan list. I just turned them on and they were in the clear. Interesting.

red8

While in Ruston last weekend, i noticed that voice inversion was used at times. It sounded like some officers had it and others didn't. When used, it sounded like DPL tones were used to activate the decoders. My question is does dispatch also use voice inversion? I never heard any dispatches in the clear. The RR database indicates only high ranking officers use voice inversion and if my observations are correct, we should update the database.

Also, does anyone know what radios are used by them?

Besides in order for inversion or encryption to function properly both radios would have to be in the same mode for it to work
red8

Science is an amazing thing

Status
Not open for further replies.