Rutgers/New Brunswick

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn32772

Premium Subscriber
Hi. Until recently the security guards at Rutgers NB (not the police officers) were on 470.725. But i've heard nothing on that freq for the last week or two. Does anybody know what's up with this? Thanks.

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
Hi. Until recently the security guards at Rutgers NB (not the police officers) were on 470.725. But i've heard nothing on that freq for the last week or two. Does anybody know what's up with this? Thanks.

They have most likely transitioned to one of the MANY encrypted talkgroups on the NJICS. Rutgers is power-using that system, so that would be my best guess as to what happened to them.

In blunt terms: your monitoring days for Rutgers, outside of interop usage during events, are likely over.

TAMR213

They have most likely transitioned to one of the MANY encrypted talkgroups on the NJICS. Rutgers is power-using that system, so that would be my best guess as to what happened to them.

In blunt terms: your monitoring days for Rutgers, outside of interop usage during events, are likely over.

This for the most part - though I have still heard the RUPD and Emergency Services on their UHF frequencies over the past few days (though I'd imagine this is patched in from the NJICS).

GM

Premium Subscriber
From what I understand, Rutgers will be transitioning from the UHF-T band to both VHF and the 700 MHz. Most operations will be on the NJ ICS (700 MHz) however, a few services such as the Maint dept will be switched (or have already started switching) over to the former Police VHF channels (155.6850 PL 141.3 and 158.7900 PL 141.3).

As of now, Police Dispatch and EMS Dispatch are still patched from the NJ ICS to the UHF, since all of the UHF-T radios have not been replaced yet.

Edit: All of the Rutgers talkgroups have been observed using encryption full-time on all sites. Analog channels remain in the clear.

Last edited:

AC2OY

From what I understand, Rutgers will be transitioning from the UHF-T band to both VHF and the 700 MHz. Most operations will be on the NJ ICS (700 MHz) however, a few services such as the Maint dept will be switched (or have already started switching) over to the former Police VHF channels (155.6850 PL 141.3 and 158.7900 PL 141.3).

As of now, Police Dispatch and EMS Dispatch are still patched from the NJ ICS to the UHF, since all of the UHF-T radios have not been replaced yet.

GM will they be encrypted? I hear a lot of encrypted talk groups on NJICS at night encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.