Rutgers University?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see in the database that Rutgers University is planning on moving from VHF to UHF. I knew they had these UHF frequencies procured, and expected them to move over when they moved in to the new public safety building (but now around the start of school would be a logical time as well). Can anyone provide more info on thier move to UHF? I would appreciate it as I live in Highland Park, my girlfriend goes to RU, and I listen to them reguarly.

robbinsj2

What more information are you seeking? All that I can see might be missing is the switch-over date; the Fx and PLs and usages are all there and confirmed. Radio tech chatter during optimization didn't cover when users would move, but it sure sounded like installation was completed and they were basically turned over to RU for use. They extensively tested a couple consoles but I couldn't tell if they were at the old dispatch or the new/future location.

Try asking the PD's or ES's PIOs. It's not like the channels are a secret or anything, so you might get an answer.

Jim

robbinsj2

Rutgers F-6 is presently patched into the county EDACS, to 10-035 (OEM) and 04-001 (Countywide) and 15-157 (Patch). Sounds like F-2 and F-4 are also in use (not patched to EDACS or the VHF repeaters).

Jim

mredding

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Jim. I spoke to a knucklehead at Rutgers ES who says everything is apparently up and running now on the new system. For a short while old and new were patched together; I don't know if this is still the case.

Yep, programed in the new frequencies, and thier already in heavy use. Its kind of wierd listening to them on UHF, instead of the old VHF. And yes, they moved into thier new building over the summer (which is pretty large btw).

SCANdal

Silent Key
A link to the current freqs would be a bit helpful

buttons said:
The old RU PD building hAS BEEN BOARDED UP FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS.
button,

As both counties have an EDACS system...which building has been boarded up? The one in Newark (200 University Av) or the one in New Brunswick (5 Huntington St)?

SCANdal

Last edited:

elk2370bruce

New Brunswick only. A brandy-new public safety center has been constructed to reflect the size and complexity of public safety service requirements for this multi-town set of campuses. 5 Huntington is an old, small, house that (many years ago) was used for visiting faculty members. It was inadequate a decade ago. New one is also a state-of-the-art communications annd 9-11 center. Really nice stuff!!

elk2370bruce

Check out the radioreference data base under Middlesex County within the NJ db and you'll find the other ones. Here they are below:
Frequency
477.52500 136.5 PL 1 Police Operations
478.51250 136.5 PL 2 Police Tactical
470.85000 136.5 PL 3 Emergency Services Ops
470.70000 136.5 PL 4 Emergency Services Tactical
470.72500 136.5 PL 5 Services
472.65000 136.5 PL 6 Events (Traffic control)
477.21250 146.2 PL Maintenance

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.