Rutherford County EMS mobile extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxwarn285

I'm a new Lavergne Rescue Unit member and I only have my own UHF hand held at this time from a prevoius agency I was with. My question is, if I understand the conecpt currectly.

Should't I be able to communicate thourgh the moble extender frequency to their VHF repeater, if so what is the offset/input freq of 458.5625 the mobile extender freq?

Thanks for any info.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
First you need written permission from the Director at RCEMS which the RS may or may not already have. Check with your director.

The mobile extender is simplex and works with a repeater on board the ambulance to retransmit the chatter from their HT to the unit's VHF radio for rebroadcast. In reverse the VHF hears dispatch on VHF and re-transmits on the UHF at low power. As I recall you cannot direct link to the VHF repeater without a vehicle nearby that has turned on the auto repeat function on its radio.

wxwarn285

Ok thanks for the info, my understanding of a mobile extender was half wright.

As for premision to be on the RCEMS repeater, we do since we get dispatched by the county thourgh that repeater and supposed to i beleive to get dispatched by city of lavergne here soon thourgh our 800mhz TG

We are the only provider of technical and extrication rescue for the City of Lavergne, as I understand it.

Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.