Rutherford NC using viper or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnes13

Well a after previously posting to RR I have discovered that Rutherford county NC is not fully using the VIPER system. I can however hear Burke County NC which is nearly 30-40 miles away and whom is using VIPER 100%. I found a link ,http://legistar1.granicus.com/ruthe...of_Commissioners_14-04-14_Meeting_Minutes.pdf, that says that two new VIPER sites have been approved for construction. I'm wondering if anyone knows when the completion of these towers will be, and when will Rutherford county become exclusively VIPER. Also I noticed through RR, that no one is live streaming through the internet for Rutherford County, to you all that are registered to RR, do you think that I would be approved for live streaming?

Barnes13

Thanks mike not used to these forums at all. So I apologize about posting under the wrong thread.

Barnes13

Still though anyone that can answer my questions would be greatly appreciated.:)

televiper75

Premium Subscriber
I've only heard "testing" traffic on a couple of Rutherford TGs. I've heard that they want to move over to the VIPER network eventually (probably because of coverage issues since narrowbanding?) but that the FDs of the county are the only ones who are close.

Status
Not open for further replies.