Rutland County: Is Pittsfield FD analog or digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackink

I was doing a search the other day on my BCD996P2 and got a hit on frequency 154.1450 with a NAC of 282. I looked up this frequency on the FCC Web site for advanced license search and found Pittsfield listed. I then went into the RR database in Rutland County and I see Pittsfield FD (or Pittsfield Fire Ground) has that frequency listed and has a PL tone of 131.8.
Can anyone confirm this or can a department run on the same frequency but with both a NAC tone and a PL tone?

Blackink

I didn't think it was coming from New York the transmission was so clear! It's only the second digital frequency I have programmed to listen to and the other one is located 2 miles from me.
This frequency from NY sounded like it was 2 miles from me! lololol
It's actually 105 miles from me!!!

Septa3371CSX1

I didn't think it was coming from New York the transmission was so clear! It's only the second digital frequency I have programmed to listen to and the other one is located 2 miles from me.
This frequency from NY sounded like it was 2 miles from me! lololol
It's actually 105 miles from me!!!
Not completely unheard of for a transmission to travel that distance. Essex County's repeaters are fairly high up in the Adirondacks thus the signal can travel a good distance. I picked up transmissions from Essex Co while in the Burlington area this past July.

Blackink

But my scanner is showing one bar, sometimes 2 bars for strength and they come in like a 4 bar transmission!!!
I think we should have all digital if it comes in this clear!!

cmpsa

I have previously confirmed a few weeks ago - analog, Pittsfield (VT) Volunteer Fire Dept: 154.1450 simplex PL 131.8

above is the Town's own frequency. Rutland Cnty Fire (State) Dispatch is on 154.2500 PL 131.8

NY DB Admin
Database Admin
154.145 NAC 282 IS Essex County Fire Control off Belfry Mountain in Moriah

Attachments

• Essex 154.145.JPG
    Essex 154.145.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 5

Blackink

Like I said earlier, I wish all frequencies were digital if they could all come in as clear as Essex County New York. That frequency is as clear and sounds as close to me as does the local Montpelier PD here in Vermont which is digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.