RV Ground Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardfacer

HI everyone
Looking for suggestions for a antenna on top of the RV. Was thinking of putting a base plate on the luggage rack for a ground plane as I'm not real keen on drilling holes in the aluminum roof. I have a mag mount antenna but would rather switch to a solid mount antenna as well. Looking to monitor 150.000 mhz. range on the bcd 996t. Diameter of the ground plane is what I don't know and antenna suggestions... Thanks

DPD1

About 3' diameter would work. Even a little less would probably be fine. And it can be square, it doesn't have to be round. You could also use something DC grounded, like certain types of marine antennas. The tune would be close enough. That wouldn't need a ground plane.

Dave
http://www.dpdproductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

hardfacer

Thanks Dave I was intertaining a marine swing down fiberglass, how would that work?
Rick

DPD1

If it says it's the DC grounded type then it should work fine. I assume it probably is since most marine antennas are. They do have DC grounded mobiles for special applications, but they're hard to find. I've thought about carrying those, but I'm just not sure how often situations like that would come up. But I think you'd probably get more performance with the marine anyway.

Dave
www.DPDProductions.com
Antennas & Accessories for the RF Professional & Radio Hobbyist

Status
Not open for further replies.