RWC Freq Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris480

I used ARC 500 to program my Radio Shack Pro 106 it came with 3 free downloads so I downloaded the RWC system. It seems like the only frequencies listed are the red and blue freqs in the database. Do I not need the other frequencies? If not what are they for? I just want to make sure I am hitting everything I should be because it seems like a lot of freqs that were left out.

Thanks

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

The red and blue channels are the primary and alternate control channels. Those are all you need to follow a system. The rest are voice only channels, they don't need to be programmed in.

rwier

Premium Subscriber
I used ARC 500 to program my Radio Shack Pro 106 it came with 3 free downloads so I downloaded the RWC system. It seems like the only frequencies listed are the red and blue freqs in the database. Do I not need the other frequencies? If not what are they for? I just want to make sure I am hitting everything I should be because it seems like a lot of freqs that were left out.

Thanks
Back around the 1st of the year, I attached a zip file (to a post) containing a small test file set-up for your 106. I did not have the ARC500 Software and you could not get the bin file to work. Since then, I have wanted to try to help a few others who have radios comparable with the PSREdit Software. Unfortunately, they all had only the ARC500 Software.

Well, I bit the bullet and purchased the ARC500 Software. Actually I got the ARC500PRO option (testing, analysis, etc.). It just occurred to me that I should (again) try to send you a working RWC file for your 106.

Feeling lazy, I decided that Instead of starting from scratch, I would just download what is in my 500 to the ARC500 Software. My 500 is smoking on the A: PD and the B: K-Deck Sites. Some of the other Scanlists, I have never tried (TOPAZ, for instance).

I have zipped it up and will attach it to this post. If you can get it into your radio, I would suggest using a clean, empty, V-Scanner Folder to put it in. Then you can see if you see any difference in reception, mainly on the A: and B: Sites. If it doesn't "light up" your scanning world, then I would speculate that your antenna, etc. (signal to the scanner), needs attention.

Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

chris480

Thanks for the file ill try it out this week! Yes I live off of Union Hills and Th st area. Is that to far to pick up Tempe and Chandler PD?

chris480

RWIER

I was looking through the file you left me, do you not monitor Scottsdale or Glendale PD? If I add the talk groups in and used the Phoenix POLICE system would the work?

Status
Not open for further replies.