S/DCS Search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andybutler

Premium Subscriber
CTCSS/DCS Search for BCD536HP

HI,

I'm new to scanner so forgive me if I'm asking something stupid.
I have the 536 and I have a Frequency for example 123.456 from a friend or FCC website and I want to work out the CTCSS/DCS is there a way if add the item to my favorites and it shows the code I have changed it to Search from Auto.
I could use the search or discovery option but seems a long way to do it. I think the BC125At does that? Also is there a way to show the frequency to? I have been putting it in the alpha tag currently for items I have discovered which I know are related channels and calling them channel 1 and 2 doesn’t help as I forget which is which without loading sentinel all the time.

Andy

Last edited:

RF23

Premium Subscriber
HI,

I'm new to scanner so forgive me if I'm asking something stupid.
I have the 536 and I have a Frequency for example 123.456 from a friend or FCC website and I want to work out the CTCSS/DCS is there a way if add the item to my favorites and it shows the code I have changed it to Search from Auto.
I could use the search or discovery option but seems a long way to do it. I think the BC125At does that? Also is there a way to show the frequency to? I have been putting it in the alpha tag currently for items I have discovered which I know are related channels and calling them channel 1 and 2 doesn’t help as I forget which is which without loading sentinel all the time.

Andy

My understanding is that in Sentinel's Tone Search column you can select Analog (CTCSS/DCS), P25 Digital (NAC), or ALL which is both. I have read that ALL is the slowest of the three choices with respect to scan rate. However, once you see the frequency displayed on your screen while in Tone Search Mode you can go into Sentinel and enter that frequency in the Tone Search Column in Sentinel and it will be the fastest way to scan compared to the tone search modes. (no search time needed).

I have a few frequencies that I have to list two or three times because the frequency is being shared by different agencies and they each have a different Tone code.

The 536 has two "Display modes" you might wish to try each one to see if one of them will give you a frequency readout. I like to see the frequency too but sometimes I need the other info that is displayed on the display mode that does not show the frequency. My work-around in those cases is to include the frequency in the Alpha Tag. Now I get all the info I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.