S.i.w. - type rg8/u-95 foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

snig64

Hi

Cannot find loss for S.I.W. - TYPE RG8/U-95 FOAM ... exact printing on cable. Even Google has failed me but I did find chart at Coax Cable Loss . again no RG8/U-95 FOAM.

please help. 800mhz.

LtDoc

Just guessing <---, I would think that cable is fairly 'standard' RG-8/u with foam insulation and has 95% shielding. For UHF stuff there are 'better' cables available. Of course, that depends on the length of the run and maybe a couple of other aspects.
- 'Doc

LtDoc

That "LMR-400 like" doesn't really tell you anything about the cable's characteristics, or just how it's supposed to 'like' that LMR-400. You want to be careful about advertising like that.
- 'Doc

mpddigital

It's Like my Fiesta is Like a Mustang...

The brand you purchased is made in china and will work. It is designed like LMR-400 as are many others. Most of the chinese stuff is signifficantly different on the inside and jacket make-up.

Some sellers of "like LMR" that are very good are Commscope/Andrew, Coleman, Draka, Suhner, Teldar. All are made to the same quality standards. For some reason they ALL cost about the same as Times Micro LMR....

We have ordered 50k ft a month of LMR-400 from Times for the last several years. The main reason we use it is folks Don't Send It Back. Since we offer a 60 day refund where We pay return shipping that is important. There are many makers of good coax out there, Times and Andrew are just the main ones we choose to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.