S & P Communications- Randolph

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Was curious about the Judson ISD PD talkgroup that was just updated on this system. I hear Judson PD units daily on the Live Oak dispatch channel going on duty and off as well as answer calls to schools for alarms etc... maybe just a talkaround channel for officers ?

Michael-SATX

Hey NC5267, load up that S&P Randolph LTR TRS and see what you think about TG#1-03-075 traffic ?
Lots of PD Talk, case #'s, Judson ISD campuses ... oddly not very busy though ... always daytime so far...
ps ~ on what Live Oak TG(s) are you logging Judson ISD PD traffic ... is it TG # 04-122 Judson ISD PD-2 ?

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
There on the live oak and Selma Pd primary channel. Been there for years as the 8100 unit numbers. You don't hear them to often but when you do it is after 2 o'clock and sometimes before then checking out at Judson or Wagner for the day then after 2 it is mainly alarm calls for the second and third shift officer on duty. The ltr channel sounds like a channel the campus officers use during the day when school is in session

Michael-SATX

On the new S&P Randolph LTR TRS I recently posted to the RR DB I just heard this:
It was the dispatcher talking to officer 8112 and 8115 about making a call for students seen leaving campus.
So interesting that they utilize 2 radio systems ... so you think they have some assigned as campus officers?
I can see this as the Judson ISD Busses use LTR TG 1-03-045 and might have the need to contact JISD PD.
Something tells me that we might discover some more Judson Admin Staff TG's on this LTR as well ?
Are you hearing Judson ISD PD on the Live Oak EDACS TRS on TG # 02-021 (Live Oak/Selma PD CH-1) ?
btw~Do you ever hear much traffic on TG # 04-122 (Judson PD CH-2) on the Live Oak EDACS TRS ?

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring it today and it is what I thought the officers use the ltr system during school hours and I am thinking one or maybe two patrol officers also monitor the live oak channel for any calls that come through them during the school day. I have a friend that works for the district and she says each high school has at least two officers assigned to them and the middle schools have one, these seem to be the primary users of the ltr system. Usually around 3 o'clock you will hear a Judson officer on the Live Oak channel TG 273 go on duty and then the same at around 11 pm, one goes on duty and one goes off. So it mainly seems that they use the Live Oak dispatch for after hours dispatching. They also can monitor BCSO and SAPD on there 800 radios.

I have never heard anything on that Judson ch. 2 talkgroup and have monitored this system for years. Judson High School has a pretty strong repeater for there Admin and campus ops on 462.0625, odds are the campus officers just scan both channles being they are both UHF or like a lot of other school districts carry two radios.

Michael-SATX

Do you have the tone for 462.0625 FM ? And this is for Judson HS admin only, Waner has a diff freq ?
A while back I managed to add Judson ISD Staff freq 451.9875 DCS=351 is this a current / valid freq ?
What equip you you monitor with and do you use Unitrunker and LTR Analyzer like I do to help ID things ?

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Never heard of the 451 freq. the 462.0625 is the campus staff, admin, janitors, officers etc heard just about everything on there and it starts to come in pretty clear around 1604 and kitty hawk....I am sure wagner has there own as most schools have some form of radio communications. I have a friend that works for another school district police department and each high school, middle and elementry have radios for campus ops and the whatever officer is assigned to a middle or high school campus carrys two radios, one for PD dispatch and the other for contact with the school itself. The tone is DCS 346 for Judson.

I just find things the old fasion way by searching within a band, I use to have LTR analyzer but not anymore so pretty much just use the database for ltr stuff

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
It was the dispatcher talking to officer 8112 and 8115 about making a call for students seen leaving campus.

Are we sure it was a dispatcher? Could it have been an administrator at the school?

My speculation is that the LTR system is used by the schools, and though it could provide coverage to multiple schools, that the true "dispatching" isn't done by Live Oak dispatchers on the LTR system.

Can we confirm whether or not we're hearing true public safety dispatchers on this system, dispatching the JISD officers?

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I heard "base" to 8117 or any 8100 unit numbers when they would call unit numbers. Which leads me to belive there is someone at there PD during the day to handle admin stuff and handle any calls that come in through there office during school hours. On the other hand I have heard Judson units sometimes run LP and DL's through the LIve Oak channel during the day also. I belive during the day up till about 5 pm monitoring the LTR channel is where you will hear most of the traffic then after that whatever patrol officers are on duty for second and third shift are on Live Oak.

Last edited:

Michael-SATX

NC5267 I appreciate your insite and analyzing this JISD PD traffic ... every bit helps the RR DB be accurate!
I will give that Judson HS Ops 462.0625 w/DCS=346 a listen ... ha if it reaches my house at 281 & 1604
along with the S&P Comm LTR TRS TG=1-03-075 and zero in more on the topics, dispatching & voices.
If you would like me to send you another copy of LTR Analyzer send me a PM and it's yours buddy?
So, is NC5267 any particular airplane tail number ?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Ok, another question that might help clarify things. When they call "Base" on their LTR radios, do they ever run information through TCIC/NCIC with this person (at the school's police office), or are they only running information on warrants through the Live Oak EDACS?

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
I just started monitoring the ltr talkgroup a few days ago and there is not a lot of traffic on it but i have not heard any checks run through the ltr channel, only ever heard that type of traffic on the LO dispatch channel. I use to dispatch for a local school district pd many years ago and a lot of traffic is done through the on campus radios that the school uses for daily ops, and those are a gamble to monitor since even with a repeater they are short range or just simplex. That Judson H.S. channel on 462.0625 gets pretty busy but they have everyone on one channel admin, janitors, officers etc...

Michael-SATX

NC5267, do you still hear comms on 462.0625 w/346 ?
Any other freqs .... ? How about for Wagner HS ?

Judson ISD Admin 462.062500 FM DCS 346 0
Judson ISD Staff 451.987500 FM DCS 351 0

On, a side note, it's been quite a while since I heard any Judson ISD PD on their old LTR TG#1-03-075.

ps ~ Talk about rattling an old thread ;) I was just editing my Schools Scanlist part of my load files.

NC5267

Premium Subscriber
Judson H.S. is still on their 462 freq and there ch. 2 is 464.7125. Never monitored the 451 freq.

Also Judson ISD PD is only on the P25 system now. Same set up, there own TG during the day and after 5 over to Live Oak channel. Also the officers still have there radios from when they were on the SA/BC system. They maninly use them during events and games to talk on what they call the "Talk-Around" channel to communicate with other agencies working the game, my guess is Constables. Never been close enough to get the T/A freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.