SA back in Austin with cold front

Status
Not open for further replies.

VintageJon

SA is back this evening as MOTO modulation on 858.98750MHzs and the adjacent freqs.

As a cold front has passed and there are thunderstorms between Austin and San Anatonio I hear North Patrol, West Patrol, SAPD Maintaince pretty plainly. In many cases I get mobile and base on same freq!!!! North Patrol is especially good 5 X 5. Getting some ID's that are just MOT 00-000 so that tells us nothing. (Hiway 29 coming through right now. JNot sure where that is, just monitoring as I type this.)

While I have complete confidence in the RR statement that's It's all Pro Voice and I can't hear jack, I think there must be some MOT activity there for SAPD, EMS, and CPS.

Have been monitoring for a hour now.

Believe I'm hearing EMS, SAPD, and CPS traffic... Mostly SAPD North Patrol and West Patrol though.

I advise Austin Scanner-Freaks to lay-in the Data-Base info for S.A. and monitor when a front passes or there is thunderstorm activity in the S.A. area. You get some surorising stuff! At least if you are in Austin. Hear it with 800 MHz Ducky, but better with 1/4 Wave ground plane...

73's
Jon

VintageJon

Having reviewed and searched State Highway #'s I think I'm hearing S.A., Llano, Georgetown in this band all identified as SA TX CN TRS.

The plot thickens...

Always Listening and Searching,
Jon

VintageJon

Just in, SAPD is having a thing with Outlaws. Can't tell if this is the Motorcyle Club by that name or a night-spot. Expect to hear it's the moto-gang as I think they are down there.

SAPD North Patrol is "locked" and it's all SAPD here at this time. I hear a lot of folks saying they can't hear SA when they live there, but I'd be glad to send the WIN96 folder I'm hearing all this on for the last 2 3/4 hours.

it's just crazy down there. If I decide to move into our house there it will be dependent on me and wife getting Right To Carrry and a pair of Glock 9mm. It's a big and crazy town in my experience.

God Help Ya'll Down There,
Jon

VintageJon

4 hours monitoring this band this evening and it's getting weaker on SAPD North Patrol.
Monitoring Radar also and it's no surprise that they are weaker as front is well past Floresville, well South of S.A. so the Inversion is vansihing.

Have stopped listening. See all the above, especially 1st post for how to hear this when "front" passes.
You gotta monitor weather and freqs to really get the short skip.

73's,
Jon

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
All you are hearing are some of the consoles in analog mode. It has nothing to do with "MOT Modulation" - you are somehow just scanning all the EDACS frequencies conventionally.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Yeah thanks Lindsay. I was beginning to wonder on this thread........I had heard this before when skip brought the Bexar County EDACS, and Bexar County Water systems into clear reception over here in Navasota. Listening to conventional heard all the PV modulation and then some clear analog, of course followed by BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!

VintageJon

I am puzzled and the next time I'm in S.A. I'll have the Pro-96 running all the time.

It seems there is some strange thing that allow me to decode EDACS and track the base and mobile when the 96 is set to MOT. Damned strange...
("Everything that can happen will happen at least once") Of course this is my 3rd time to hear it and it's always weather-related...
73's
Jon

VintageJon

Hummm, Damn sure sounds like S.A. and Llano. But of course I've been wrong before, just going by RR Database ID's....

I'm certainly hearing something when the weather is here...

73's
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.