• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Saber 1 - Mic Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

masonb

Hello fellow RR members,

I am currently using a Motorola NMN6128C microphone on my hand held Saber 1. It's a good mic, but time has taken its toll and a replacement is needed.

Now I like the look and durability of the NMN6191C (off of the HT series) , but I am not quite sure what model to purchase, or if they are even produced. I know the pin contact configurations' are different on the two, that about it.

Hopefully one of you Moto Guru's will steer me in the right direction. In the mean time, I will continue trying to track down what I hope exists.

Astro25

This is an analog Saber 1, and not an ASTRO Saber 1, right?

If so, Motorola makes the NMN6217B, which is what you're looking for - but that's for the ASTRO Saber line.

masonb

You are correct Astro25 it is indeed analog 136-174, sorry I overlooked that detail before. The NMN6217B is the correct mic I was looking for thank you for pointing that out.

Now correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't I be able to use the NMN6217B on the Saber 1 given the pins are the same?

Astro25

No, unfortunately they will not work on the analog Sabers. I don't know what would be involved to make it work on them, or if that's possible. Never tried it.

masonb

Seems fair enough but I had to ask.
Astro25, you have a better understanding of Saber series than myself. Could you suggest an alternative speaker/mic (doesn't have to be Motorola) that would be compatible with the analog Saber 1 ?

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
NMN6128 and NMN6166 ( has the earphone plug)are the square head saber mic. The rounded Jedi style is the NMN6225 that is for analog sabers. The NMN6217 are for the astro saber. The astro saber mic will not work with the analog saber But as strange at it may be the square head 6128 will work with the astro. Dont pay motorolas outrageus prices for a no longer supported model. Check Ebay there are usually alot of NOS saber mics there all the time for alot less than $150 us. As far as knock off mics..You get what you pay for. the cheap hong kong ones arent worth what you pay for it.

MOTOROLA SABER RADIO SPEAKER MIC NMN6166C UHF VHF III - eBay (item 160396509481 end time Jan-23-10 19:05:55 PST)

Motorola Saber III Astro Uhf VHf speaker mic NMN6166 - eBay (item 310154079383 end time Feb-03-10 08:49:42 PST)

masonb

Oh the things I learn every day! Thanks for all the input guys it has helped tremendously. Also good on you FFPM571 for pointing out the Jedi style NMN6225B. & I have to agree that the $150 odd dollars for that particular mic is over the top. Looks like its time to lurk on Ebay for a deal !

Status
Not open for further replies.