• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Saber III VHF Antenna Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdatkinson

Recently picked up a Saber III VHF from ebay. Unit came complete with everything I need. However, I'm running into a problem attaching the speaker mic (NMN6166C). The plastic bracket that goes over the antenna has a small extender that allows the antenna to be screwed in once its in place. The extender will only screw into the radio about 1/2 turn, which tells me the thread pattern is different. The antenna screws into to the top of the extender just fine, and the antenna screws into the radio just fine. I notice that the extender has a center pin in it, which leads me to believe that it might be for an 800mhz radio vs. VHF.

Can anyone confirm this or point me to someplace that I might be able to purchase the proper extender so that I can attach the speaker mic?

Optionally I could clip off the bracket, but it looks to be used for strain relief and I'd rather not do that.

Thanks in advance.

mancow

Database Admin
You have an Astro Saber speaker mic. The Astro Digital Sabers use SMA coaxial style antenna connectors.

The regular analog series like you have use a solid MX style connector. You can just rotate the part out of the way and just use the set screw to hold the mic on. Or you could probably trade it easily enough.

wdatkinson

That's what I assumed. I was able to screw the extender all the way out, so I'd like to find the MX part and keep the speaker mic intact.

Any ideas where to track down the proper part? Or find a part number?

mancow

Database Admin
I'll see if I can dig one up. I should have an extra from an old mic end around here.

mancow

Database Admin
Yea, that'll work. Just pm with your shipping info and I will reply with the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.