Sac CA Jumper Howe Ave. and I 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanman6

Crisis situation in progress. multiple agencies. CHP, Sac City PD, Fire.

West Bound lanes of I-50 closed. Jumper is male near cent of Hove Ave bridge. Fire staged at Howe and Folsom Blvd.

1437 - East bound 50 shut down

1441 - negiators enroute. oficers onscene have active dialogue with subject.

1451 - Fire is confused re an additional 901 in the vicinity. possably related to the back-up

It apprears that city PD is handling negotiations.

1455 - CHP Fixedwing overhead with downlink. no other air support. No media on scene.

1500 - SacPD Channel 1 dedicated to incident. TGID 60304
All other traffic must go to Channel 5

1503 - info out to media about I50 closure. Still no evidenc of media on scene.

Also grassfire workingat Elder Creek Rd.. hard to keep up on all going on

Last edited:

pfish

Premium Subscriber
CP info

REQ S UNIT TO MEET CHEVRON ON COLLEGE TOWN-- COMAND POST, WATCH COMADER FRM PD ENRT

PD REQ EB 50 #1/2 LNS BE SHUT DWN

Active talksgroups on SRRCS: SP 1, SP 2
SP 1 is now a dedicated channel.

Sigalert has been issued for a possible jumper.

Scanman6

nedia now showing up. staging on south of incident.

Activity seems to be on SacPD Channel 1 and 2. sparse transmittions.

Ekder Creek ops on a6

1524 - Stress level leveling out. putting incident on back burner.

Last edited:

Scanman6

sounds like they have him in custody.

I was wrong. I just heard SacPD rolling in the Command Post to set up at the Chevron station.

Unified Command CHP, Fire and SacPD.

1536 - folks are yelling at the jumper and can be heard. PD is shutting onramps off near the incident.

1545 - Air 1 just went 909. they're checking to see if it's needed for the incident, probably not, doint want to spook the jumper. Family onscene at CP. Channel 2 not dedicated, just 1 and "hotline'

1829 - The latest is that jumper's brother-in-law will face2face from a vehicle they're letting him take a cellphone call at present. He speaks farcie. the call was from his fiance in Austratilia. Now theyre moving forward.

Last edited:

Scanman6

Cool Stuff, SPD and CHP are trying to establish a comlink They want to use CHP air's downlink. Activiry on 60304. Activity on CHP air too.

negotiators on SPD tac 6. 60880

Comlink failed, disconnecting.

1641 - jumper did a countdown, but heard a tape that PD played and sat down. heard a call for SWAT.

1650 - Negs are going to get a puppy K9 for the jumper.

1654 - Peds are trying to move through bushes north of the scene to get a looksee. Three individuals. maybe they're trying to vacate the freeway.

1658 - Swat is indeed coming. Just heard despatch giving directions for theire ingress.

1718 - Channel 10 chopper off Exec and heading to scene. they say they're going to shoot the traffic. lets hope they don't get too close. PD didn't even want Air 1 there. The guy is concerned about being on the national news. CHP Air just confirmed with news 10.

It looks like news 10 will have to go because. the jumper is getting ryled up. They'll be moving up to 1000 ft AGL as CHP bird leaves area temporarily

Last edited:

i just started listening. pretty interesting.. right now they are talking about a PPI tape and "playing one." would anyone here know what a PPI is??

they just mentioned the news 10 helicopter and they said it was starting to aggitate the man for coming a little too close..

Last edited:

Scanman6

Yeah. that's the second time. Negs are trying to calm the guy down. PD just tolkd Ch. 10 to leave the area.

It's TPI. and the jumper is covering his ears. This is the most recent tape. Ch 10 is not getting the word. they're staying on scene, but are being careful

Last edited:

yeah.. heard the part about him covering his ears. do you know what the TPI tape is? is it a recording of his family members?

Scanman6

The recording appears to be of family. there is this one guy that the jumper wants to talk to, but the IC wou't let them face to face. My guess is that it's a recording of the family member.

1739 - swat got the folks in the bushes.

Last edited:

Scanman6

great minds think alike, having steak too. things seem pretty low level and it looks like it might go for awhile. If the traffic thing keeps up. PD is going to have to bring the sit to a close. Good eating. I'm a techno geek and have my radios hooked up to a wireless link so I'm always plygged in.

1818 - latest development. jumper's uncle will do a face to face in a vehicle. heads up will come because jumper needs to be standing off the railing first. PD is formulating a plan, maybe this has sometning do do with it.

1825 - PD is talking about taking a shot. They, I guess Swat, will have to stand out in the roadway due to the bend in the road (Howe)

1844 - taking him into custody

they're starting to open up traffic.

I smell my steaks cooking, so I'll monitor and cool it on the sidelines. Traffic will be a mess for awahile. Later all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.