Sac City and Sac Metro Fire Departments Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyGuard

The big issues are going to be retirement and benefits. Not to mention who will be the Chief. Will the department fall under the city or county. Then there are the assets of each department. Someone is going to want to be reimbursed for the cost of the equipment, buildings and other tangible assets.

disp10

Premium Subscriber
The thread title is misleading. It infers that the departments have merged, with the reality being the departments are simply studying the issue. In no way is a merger even imminent.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The thread title is misleading. It infers that the departments have merged, with the reality being the departments are simply studying the issue. In no way is a merger even imminent.
I took the thread title straight from the headline of the article I was referencing. It came from Fox40. They seem to be more intent on getting people to read their story than getting the title correct.

I agree that this does sound far fetched.

Sccafire

I am surprised some of these agencies have not started a volunteer/reserve/paid call program. Especially with some of the smaller departments around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.