Sac Fire Radios Critical Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkewman

I don't believe that talkgroups will be in Phase 2 on the New system right away. I believe the new system will have most talkgroups will be Phase 1 p25 at first. Just my opinion. The New system is merely Phase 2 Capable.

Sac916

The radio ENC traffic you saw were techs, based on the weird radio ID numbers I saw. Very similar to other "digital" systems goings through installation

Sent from my Android via Tapatalk app

sacscan

This shouldn't be a surprise. There's been encryption on the old system for a while now.
The ENC traffic was on frequencies for the new system. Yes it's probably techs like antfreq said, but it can't hurt to adopt the "wait and see" attitude and hold off on buying yet another new scanner. Especially after reading about the various issues other users are having with these new Unidens.

kma371

QRT
My point was you seemed to be baseing the "wait and see" attitude based on the fact that there is encryption on the new system, but it's been there all along.

The ENC traffic was on frequencies for the new system. Yes it's probably techs like antfreq said, but it can't hurt to adopt the "wait and see" attitude and hold off on buying yet another new scanner. Especially after reading about the various issues other users are having with these new Unidens.

sacscan

My point was you seemed to be baseing the "wait and see" attitude based on the fact that there is encryption on the new system, but it's been there all along.
Sure it's been there all along, but with encryption cheaper to implement than it was in the past, there is always the possibility of law enforcement encrypting their transmissions. I also mentioned the issues other users are having with the new Unidens.

Status
Not open for further replies.