Sac metro big fire qustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newsbirds

Hi everybody if understant the RR database the A channel are used frist then the C chennls for a big fire they will go to A6 for tac traffic then if thing get realy busy they go C6 for only tac traffic i only what to hear the tac traffic

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
A for incidents outside the city limits of Sacramento.

B for incidents inside the city limits of Sacramento.

C for overflow for both city and county and special events.

Newsbirds

great thank you very much that realy help so l can hear it on one system i will put A6 though A14 and B6 thought B14 i sould be fine to hear any big fires i just get tryed of the medical calls

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Tac channels are A6-A12 (B6-B12) and command channels are A2-A5 (B2-B5). On Command channels you'll hear responses from the scene back to a dispatcher. On Tac channels you'll hear traffic at the scene.

Newsbirds

That is great now I know exactly what will happen and thank everybody for the great help

Newsbirds

just so everybody know my company is seting up a opertion in sac so i am staying in a hotel so if could ask one more qustion so if is just a very small fire which it is in San Jose most of time then l will not hear much on the A6 channel unless it is a a big fire which is i what l may just get a very fast sizeup on A6 i hope is all is understandable and thank you everybody you have been great.

KG7PBS

Download the app called pulse point. You can set it up to let you know when a confirmed structure fire or vegetation fire is dispatched. I use it to tell me everything that's going on. With fires. It a great tool for us Scanner guys.

Newsbirds

Thank you thank you that app is so cool it's great I don't always have to turn on my radio I can just wait for a call to come across my screen and it's quick then I turn on my radio on A6 or B6 and I hear the call that's great that is awesome and again thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.