Not open for further replies.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
gang unit 1 suspect shot and down - 1 at gunpoint

all officers ok for now -
near carmichael park

Last edited:

RolnCode3

I responded code3 from Rancho until the first reduce. Then restarted on the continue code. Then reduced again but continued. Until the third or fourth code4 all units not 97, then I turned around and headed away from the call.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I heard this call, and it seems that there was confusion as to whether it was the suspect shot or an SSD officer. I heard Sac PD dispatching officers from all 4 channels to the destination... but they were reduced before being 10-97.

This incident seemed to quiet down quickly, so I guess it was not an SSD officer down. I know that would have made things go crazy.

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
it looks like they had 2 of the 3 suspects cleared in the apartment
then there was a knock on the door and they open the door oops suspect #3 the fight was on the shot was needed.
I guess it's a black eye on the dept (i dont know why) if a gangbanger is killed...

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
The deputy who did the shooting originally came up on SD T4 calling shots fired then another deputy came up asking to confirm the traffic and he said shots fired again. After that a bunch of deputies all came up on SD1 saying shots had been fired and they needed code 3 fire.

I had been monitoring the operation on SD T4 all morning knowing who they were looking for just in case something like this happened.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The deputy who did the shooting originally came up on SD T4 ...
LOL, I was just having a discussion with Bill last night about the use of these channel names. I think by SD T4 you mean SSD T4, or TG 62672? Because I'm sure you don't mean cotac 4, TG 63760.

calling shots fired then another deputy came up asking to confirm the traffic and he said shots fired again. After that a bunch of deputies all came up on SD1 saying shots had been fired and they needed code 3 fire.
And SD1 = SSD1 or TG 61552.

I wasn't paying that close of attention to the traffic until I heard the request for fire code 3 on channel 1. Then I gave the situation my full attention.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
LOL, I was just having a discussion with Bill last night about the use of these channel names. I think by SD T4 you mean SSD T4, or TG 62672? Because I'm sure you don't mean cotac 4, TG 63760.

The "official" tag on the SRRCS fleet map is SD T4 for TGID 62672. On the air they call it "mode 14" or "channel 14". This refers to the channel selector (mode selector) on the top of the radio, officers turn the channel selector to channel 14 to get to this TG.

TGID 62576 through 62736
SD T1 through SD T6
mode 11 through mode 16
channel 11 through channel 16
are all the same thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.