Sachse, TX Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

raabbott

Premium Subscriber
I have a RS PRO-2096 scanner and have been using it for a little over a year. I know basic functions for loading frequencies using Scancat-Lite and that's about it. Sacshe PD is in the Garland, TX trunking system (as are other agencies) and I was able to lock out Garland and those other agencies to listen just to Sachse PD. Sometime at the end of 2009 Garland went through a re-banding process and I no longer can receive any of the frequencies in the Garland trunking system. The RS PRO-2096 (according to the web site) is capable of reprograming those agency's frequencies who have re-banded, but I can't figure out how.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a RS PRO-2096 scanner and have been using it for a little over a year. I know basic functions for loading frequencies using Scancat-Lite and that's about it. Sacshe PD is in the Garland, TX trunking system (as are other agencies) and I was able to lock out Garland and those other agencies to listen just to Sachse PD. Sometime at the end of 2009 Garland went through a re-banding process and I no longer can receive any of the frequencies in the Garland trunking system. The RS PRO-2096 (according to the web site) is capable of reprograming those agency's frequencies who have re-banded, but I can't figure out how.
I don't have the Pro-2096 either. However, see this thread about entering the custom bandplan required for rebanded systems such as Garland. I'm not sure, since I don't use Scancat either, but my understanding is it was not able to make the necessary modification to the custom table. Win96, linked from both the thread I referenced, and the Wiki page ske1eter linked, does allow the necessary changes to be made so that you can get Sachse working again.

SCPD

QRT
Couple of things. First, have you ventured to Radio Shacks website and downloaded any new firmware?

Second. When you say you "lock out" frequencies used by other agencies to hear Sachse, are you even listening to the System in Trunk mode or simply just listening to the 800MHz. frequencies?

Sachse has 4 or 5 TALK GROUPS which you can program into your scanner and ONLY hear Sachse, at the same time you need ALL 12 or 13 frequencies used on the trunk running. (Unless in CC Only mode)

Lastly, you might check out the Free (For 30 days) Win96 software by Don Star PRO-96 Software - Win96 - Data Management Software for the RadioShack PRO-96 and PRO-2096 Digital Trunking Scanners and program the scanner for TRUNK Scanning and I'd bet your problems become solved.

raabbott

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to each of you who provided feedback to my inquiry. I've been under the weather lately and just now getting to feel better. I will research your suggestions and let you know what works and what doesn't. For now, I'm still confused as to how to load the 'rebanded' frequencies into the scanner. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.