Sacramento County Fire still use 154.190MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Interesting mention. I typically monitor A1/B1 on one radio, and VHF on another radio. Since turning off the old MOT system, and adopting automated dispatching; things started to change. The first annoyance for me is dispatches on P25 and VHF and no longer in sync. You might get the same call, but it sounds like it is coming from a separate channel of the automated dispatcher. I've easily witnessed a 30 second difference.

I still hear the "B1 calls" on 153.890 but, since originally seeing this post, have not heard a peep on 154.190. The weather is too nice to be glued to the scanner displays, but when I am, I'll pay more attention (lock a radio on that frequency).

chmsant

Premium Subscriber
I’ve heard tones this afternoon on the VHF for A1, but no voice traffic

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I set up a specific radio only on this frequency. Set CTCSS to Search. It definitely it NOT working like it used to. I saw dead carriers, carriers with a different CT and total silence. Certainly no tone outs or voice. My next thought is wondering if "something is broken", or if this is intended. Seems like the latter.

NorCalrescue

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing some tone-outs, no voice. This is as of Sunday morning at 1045am.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I had time to do some extensive listening with one radio locked on this frequency. It appeared that 153.890 is working as it has echoing B1 radio traffic. I have CT enabled there so not sure about tone outs. With the CT disabled on 154.190 I too head some tone outs and nothing else. I wasn't able to figure out which station is being toned, but certainly it wasn't any of the popular stations (21,35,etc.). My guess is that everyone has switched over to a new method except whomever they're toning out here. And the frequency is otherwise not being used.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I had time to do some extensive listening with one radio locked on this frequency. It appeared that 153.890 is working as it has echoing B1 radio traffic. I have CT enabled there so not sure about tone outs. With the CT disabled on 154.190 I too head some tone outs and nothing else. I wasn't able to figure out which station is being toned, but certainly it wasn't any of the popular stations (21,35,etc.). My guess is that everyone has switched over to a new method except whomever they're toning out here. And the frequency is otherwise not being used.

You know, I was thinking maybe there are still some old paging equipment at some of the older fire stations that could be using the tone, maybe the rural or unmanned/reserve fire stations?

Awhile ago I was at the Starbucks at the corner of Challenge and Exposition, and I distinctly heard tones, followed by a call being announced on a speaker at the Sacramento Fire Department Station 19. It sounded too digital as it was the robo-lady announcing the call, but it didn't sound like a analog VHF broadcast.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I can't speak specifically to what's happening in Sacramento but in my current home town of Cincinnati the fire department went to IP based station alerting when they switch to automated dispatching.

Given that the VHF dispatch channel was most recently used for tone/voice pagers my guess is the primarily volunteer departments that may still use tone/voice pagers for notification are likely the ones still being heard and perhaps the others have switched to IP station alerting.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Has been down for a month. Is in process of being repaired.
I must wonder what is down. There are transmissions throughout the day with no audio (other than tones). It's not like the signal is off the air. To me this seems like something that is being phased out.

NorCalrescue

Premium Subscriber
I must wonder what is down. There are transmissions throughout the day with no audio (other than tones). It's not like the signal is off the air. To me this seems like something that is being phased out.
Not being phased out. Issue with station alerting system. It's being worked on.

officer_415

Database Admin
When passing through town lately, I've noticed that the B1 simulcast (153.890 MHz) is very low volume. The A1 simulcast (154.190 MHz) is much stronger and easier to hear.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
When passing through town lately, I've noticed that the B1 simulcast (153.890 MHz) is very low volume. The A1 simulcast (154.190 MHz) is much stronger and easier to hear.
That's certainly how it is right now. I wonder how many fire fighters monitor VHF in lieu of B1.

Status
Not open for further replies.