Sacramento Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

eccradiotec

Just got back from out of state for a week. All my fire frequencies are silent. Noticed nobody is streaming either. Was there a changeover while I was gone?

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Just got back from out of state for a week. All my fire frequencies are silent. Noticed nobody is streaming either. Was there a changeover while I was gone?
Are you talking about Sacramento Fire Dept. talkgroups specifically (B1-B14), or all of the Sacramento County fire agencies in general?

I'm getting the A1-A14 talkgroups loud and clear on the Motorola system this afternoon on Site 2.

I'm not in Site 1 coverage area right now to listen for the B1-B14 talkgroups.

No one has transitioned to the P25 system yet.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

johntodd

Premium Subscriber
Same situation here. It seems the old simulcast (Metro Fire) is dead and now they are only on the Motorola trunked system (which I don't yet have programmed, so unverified).

Also, probably unrelated, CHPD is booming into my radios here in Rio Linda where they have been nominal before. This is new as of this week.

gvranchosbill

Im in Nevada and i could hear Sacramento City and Sacramento County Metro VHF Simulcasts and i have notice that there is nothing heard on VHF 154.1900 Mhz and 153.8900 Mhz using 162.2 Hz Tone. I would lock them out a lot because they were to active but yes i hear nothing now.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
154.190 & 153.890 from Sacramento

Perhaps they've reduced their signal strength, or your reception has dropped (a new building in the signal path); but I still continue to receive Sacramento Fire on their respective channels just fine. At home I use a discone and can discern between "local" transmissions and "re-transmissions". When local I may or may not receive the distant (re)transmissions.

I also scan SRRCS and run multiple scanners. Since I originally saw this thread I've made it a point to note that I am receiving A1 and 154.190 together as well as B1 and 154.890. And the CT of 162.2 is still correct.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Corrections

Perhaps they've reduced their signal strength, or your reception has dropped (a new building in the signal path); but I still continue to receive Sacramento Fire on their respective channels just fine. At home I use a discone and can discern between "local" transmissions and "re-transmissions". When travelling I may or may not receive the distant (re)transmissions.

I also scan SRRCS and run multiple scanners. Since I originally saw this thread I've made it a point to note that I am receiving A1 and 154.190 together as well as B1 and 153.890. And the CT of 162.2 is still correct.

clanusb

I still hear traffic on both 154.19 and 153.89 without any issue. I can hear it all over Sacramento County, up in South Lake Tahoe, and I even heard it when I was in Marin, San Francisco, and Alameda counties last week.

There has been no changes to the VHF dispatch channels or the power they put out. All FD's in Sacramento monitor their respective VHF dispatch channel in all apparatus, and the 800 radio is on their respective Command channel (A2/A3/B2/B3).

Status
Not open for further replies.