Sacramento P25 system assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanemls

Good Morning. I have a TRX 1, while a neighbor has a Home Patrol 1. Both of us seem to have trouble trouble picking up any transmission of the Sac P25 system. I, myself, cleared my scanlist of the older Sacramento area systems, and reprogrammed my TRX1. Still having no reception. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScanningHertz

f
Good Morning. I have a TRX 1, while a neighbor has a Home Patrol 1. Both of us seem to have trouble trouble picking up any transmission of the Sac P25 system. I, myself, cleared my scanlist of the older Sacramento area systems, and reprogrammed my TRX1. Still having no reception. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

FWIW. No issue monitoring P25 Countywide Site on HP-2
How are you programming the HP? By hand or Software?

lanemls

On the old County system, I used to be able to hear local Sheriff traffic on talkgroup 62608 SSD T2. On the new P25 system I would assume that would translate to talkgroup 3913 SSD T2, but I have heard nothing there since I got a P25 capable scanner.

Are the Sheriff's tac channels now encrypted or is the a different talkgroup I should be listening to?
A Good question. I just reprogrammed my TRX 1 with the P25, and so far this morning, nothing. I have neighbors that have Home Patrol 1. Same issues.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
If you are not receiving ANYTHING my first guess would be a programming error of some kind. If possible try importing the system into your programming software directly from Radio Reference.

If you have done that and are still not receiving anything my second guess would be that your area is unfortunately in one of the really bad LSM zones. Try getting away from your neighborhood and see if that helps at all.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
If you are not receiving ANYTHING my first guess would be a programming error of some kind. If possible try importing the system into your programming software directly from Radio Reference.

If you have done that and are still not receiving anything my second guess would be that your area is unfortunately in one of the really bad LSM zones. Try getting away from your neighborhood and see if that helps at all.

I will say with the switch to P25, we now have quite a few more "deaf zones" with LSM. Some are lucky that they are super close to a transmitter site, others...will have to bite the bullet and get a SDS100 or Unication Pager for continued listening.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I will say with the switch to P25, we now have quite a few more "deaf zones" with LSM. Some are lucky that they are super close to a transmitter site, others...will have to bite the bullet and get a SDS100 or Unication Pager for continued listening.
I agree with that. I was in Sacramento a few weeks ago for a day and a half and I noticed that my BCD436HP was having trouble in several areas. My Unications were much better but also went out of range a few times while driving up Hazel Avenue between Roseville and Fair Oaks.

johnnycarlos

I, myself, cleared my scanlist of the older Sacramento area systems, and reprogrammed my TRX1. Still having no reception. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

For the TRX-1, are you selecting: US -> CA -> Counties -> [your county] -> Systems -> Sac Regional Radio Communications System -> Categories -> ...

I just set mine up and didn't hear anything because I went down the Sites path which showed talk groups but didn't actually contain any frequencies in them. Going down Categories I was able to narrow down to just my district and then I could hear calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.