Sacramento P25 system

sacscan

As of today, the Sac City/County Fire robo-dispatcher is no longer in test mode on the C and D channels. It's now on the normal A and B dispatch channels. Volume has been lowered down to normal levels so it's no longer louder than other radio traffic on the SRRCS.

Also, I just heard a string of dispatches on the A channel that were not simulcast on the old 154.190 CTCSS 162.2 frequency. The City Fire dispatches on the B dispatch channel are still simulcast on 153.890 CTCSS 162.2. Some County Fire dispatches are simulcast there as well.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
At least while the robo-dispatchers were on C1 & D1, I never heard them give map pages. I haven't yet heard robo-calls on A1, B1 or VHF.

sacscan

At least while the robo-dispatchers were on C1 & D1, I never heard them give map pages. I haven't yet heard robo-calls on A1, B1 or VHF.
Last night I noticed they reverted to normal dispatching with a human dispatcher. Today the robo-dispatcher is back, with simulcast on both VHF frequencies. City Fire dispatching is on SFD DSP B, but County Fire is currently dispatching on C FD DSP C.

ScanningHertz

Currently, at this very moment...

DSP C is patched to DSP A
DSP B is patched to DSP D
CMD B2 is patched to CMD B3

For scanner users, it looks like it's only coming across DSP C. For actual SRRCS subscribers, it is also heard on DSP A
For scanner users, it looks like it's only coming across DSP B. For actual SRRCS subscribers, it is also heard on DSP D

This is because how it was patched, actually, the order in which it was patched.
I would leave all DSP channels unlocked as to not miss something, as it could change when a dispatcher patches/unpatches in a different order.

MrAntsy

On the old County system, I used to be able to hear local Sheriff traffic on talkgroup 62608 SSD T2. On the new P25 system I would assume that would translate to talkgroup 3913 SSD T2, but I have heard nothing there since I got a P25 capable scanner.

Are the Sheriff's tac channels now encrypted or is the a different talkgroup I should be listening to?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
On the old County system, I used to be able to hear local Sheriff traffic on talkgroup 62608 SSD T2. On the new P25 system I would assume that would translate to talkgroup 3913 SSD T2, but I have heard nothing there since I got a P25 capable scanner.

Are the Sheriff's tac channels now encrypted or is the a different talkgroup I should be listening to?
Here's the complete list

officer_415

Database Admin

Try talkgroup 881.

ArthurH

I've recently bought my first digital scanner after 15+ years of scanning. I purchased the Uniden BCD996P2 scanner and have already been scanning our P25 system for several weeks now. I know it may be a simulcast issue at my location but can someone give me the magic number of the P25 threshold needed. Having it set to Auto was getting me nowhere and recently got better results at 7. Am I getting closer? :unsure:

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I was in Davis today 7/8/2020 city of Davis Fire was coming in clear I did not hear Davis Police but that could have been due to no Traffic! No broadcast on smartnet for Davis when I was there:)

Just curious, are you listening to the Davis Simulcast when you are in West Sac? Or do you have sufficient coverage with the County Wide Simulcast? Haven't had a excuse to get out to West Sac to listen, but when I was playing around with the different sites Downtown, I feel like I can pick up the fringes of the Davis Simulcast (I see DAT) but not enough to listen. Or maybe it was me being impatient :)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I was in Davis yesterday and picked up Davis Fire from the Davis Site of the Sacramento P25 system.

I've noticed that the automated dispatching seems to be online full time now on A1 & B1. While I like it, I wonder why they no longer include map page numbers and how/if that affects responders.

officer_415

Database Admin
While I like it, I wonder why they no longer include map page numbers and how/if that affects responders.

Most rigs probably have MDTs and/or run sheet printers at the station, so they could get the map pages that way. And with GPS devices so prevalent these days, the use of physical map books has probably declined.