Sacramento P25 system

3mary2

Where is Citrus Heights? What system are they on, they are a busy city aren't they? And when is all of Sacramento County and City going to be P25? Thank you in advance for your help

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
Where is Citrus Heights? What system are they on, they are a busy city aren't they? And when is all of Sacramento County and City going to be P25? Thank you in advance for your help

Citrus Heights is next door to Roseville on Sunrise Blvd. They are pretty busy but do have their quiet times. With Sunrise Mall being in their jurisdiction, you get a few calls there weekly.

Regards,

-Frank C.

3mary2

When asking where is Citrus Heights I meant what system are they using? I programmed them on the new P25 according to database, but they are silent. I also have the old Sacramento system and they are dead also. Hence the question where are they. Sorry for the confusion

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I monitor the 3 Sacramento county trunked system (city analog, county analog & county P25). CH channel 1 is typically on all 3. I would expect them to "always" be on the 2 county sites, for now. Meaning both county sites until the transition to digital is complete.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
When asking where is Citrus Heights I meant what system are they using? I programmed them on the new P25 according to database, but they are silent. I also have the old Sacramento system and they are dead also. Hence the question where are they. Sorry for the confusion

They should be be on both as was mentioned, but I'd aim for the Type II (older) system first.

Regards,

-Frank C.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Citrus Heights has fully moved to the P25 digital system, meaning they are talking directly on it.

You can still hear it on the SmartZone system, but only because there are non-P25 radios listening in.

You will risk not hearing Citrus Heights if you listen only to the SmartZone system.

The same goes for Elk Grove and Galt, who have also made the transition.

During the overnight hours, there's times where I can only hear Elk Grove and Galt only on the P25 system because no analog subscriber radios are listening to the SmartZone talkgroups for those agencies.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Site 003 now identifies as a neighbor for Site 012. Site 003 is showing a control channel frequency of 853.82500.

I believe they've converted Site 003 from the SmartZone system to the P25 system for fill-in coverage in the Historic Folsom area.

I heard the radio technicians doing digital testing on FOL PD T1 this past week, with the techs verbally identifying the use of Site 003.

The transmitter is located at 910 River Way in Folsom.

I will submit to the database.

I'm guessing with this site now on the digital system, we will start seeing Folsom PD units make the digital transition. Folsom FD has already made the transition.

Attachments

• Site003P25.PNG
    Site003P25.PNG
    11.2 KB · Views: 31

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I could be completely wrong with everything I'm about to say; all my information is just my speculation.

Based on my observations, and analysis that I will post below, I believe Sacramento County Sheriff is planning to go full-time encryption on some or all of their talkgroups.

----

In the past few years on the SmartZone system, Sacramento County Sheriff ("SSD") has started using some full-time encrypted talkgroups in the 14xxx range.

For example, known to the RadioReference database, SSD has Encrypted 14 (14160), Encrypted 15 (14192), Encrypted 16 (14224), Special Enforcement Detail "E SEC 8" (14992). Unknown to the database, but I've recorded encrypted use on a weekly basis on talkgroups 14640, 14736, and 14768. The use of these three talkgroups is currently unknown, but they're SSD radio IDs talking, including air units.

On the new P25 digital system side, the talkgroups for all agencies convert over by dividing by 16. So Encrypted 14 is 885, Encrypted 15 is 887, and Encrypted 16 is 889. There has been known use of the 14xxx/8xx SSD system talkgroups on the new P25 digital system, also encrypted.

This past week "new" talkgroup 867 has started talking on the new P25 digital system, and when watching Unitrunker, shows it's simulcasting the SSD records channel but encrypted. So there's the unencrypted SSD records channel and the encrypted SSD records channel talking at the same time (aka simulcasting).

With the "new" SSD Records (867) channel popping up, I added it into my spreadsheet I keep of all the talkgroups on the system, and played around with the SSD channel template from the current talkgroups (the current 61552-63568; 3847-3973) and noticed they seem to match up perfectly to the 14xxx/8xx talkgroups that are starting to appear.

It's much easier to visualize, so I've added a Google Sheets spreadsheet here so you can see what I'm talking about. SSD TALKGROUPS

Also this past week, talkgroup 939 has started to see daily use on the new P25 digital system with SSD radio IDs. Based on my spreadsheet, this could be the Folsom Dam Security Bureau, which I don't believe I've heard in a while on the SmartZone system on their 62832/3927 current talkgroup.

In summary, I believe the current SSD channels on the P25 system will eventually go away, or there will be two versions, and the new SSD channels that I have in my spreadsheet will come into more regular use. I haven't had any testing being done on what I believe will be the new Dispatch 1, 2, 3 and 4 channels. Maybe we will be lucky and they'll keep those new Dispatch channels unencrypted.

A possibility is they'll have a bank of encrypted talkgroups for daily usage and keep the unencrypted versions of the channel for outside agency use with a patch for those who don't have the encryption key or encryption-enabled radios.

All pure speculation.

I'll update the above spreadsheet as I see activity on Unitrunker.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I believe West Sacramento Fire is going live on P25 tomorrow morning (June 17) at 6 AM. I will not be able to confirm that this happens until possibly Tuesday or Wednesday. It also appears as if they are either renaming some channels and possibly rearranging some. I've noticed that on Sac Metro Fire, they have Dispatch "A", "C", and "D". I've also noticed that Sacramento City Fire has Dispatch "B". It appears West Sacramento Fire is now "E". This makes me wonder, as I've not been following it closely, is Sac Metro dispatching Consumnes and Folsom and is that why they have "C" and "D"?

WSacFire.png

LNUradioguy

WSF is rebranding their channels as the "E" to better match up with Sac City & Metro. Here are the confirmed talkgroups:

Code:
FAD    DSP WSF
FAF    CMD E2
FB1    CMD E3
FB3    CMD E4
FB5    CMD E5
FB7    TAC E6
FB9    TAC E7
FBB    TAC E8
FBD    TAC E9
FBF    TAC E10
FC1    TAC E11
FC3    TAC E12
FC5    TAC E13
FC7    TAC E14

LNUradioguy

I could be completely wrong with everything I'm about to say; all my information is just my speculation.

Based on my observations, and analysis that I will post below, I believe Sacramento County Sheriff is planning to go full-time encryption on some or all of their talkgroups.

----

In the past few years on the SmartZone system, Sacramento County Sheriff ("SSD") has started using some full-time encrypted talkgroups in the 14xxx range.

For example, known to the RadioReference database, SSD has Encrypted 14 (14160), Encrypted 15 (14192), Encrypted 16 (14224), Special Enforcement Detail "E SEC 8" (14992). Unknown to the database, but I've recorded encrypted use on a weekly basis on talkgroups 14640, 14736, and 14768. The use of these three talkgroups is currently unknown, but they're SSD radio IDs talking, including air units.

On the new P25 digital system side, the talkgroups for all agencies convert over by dividing by 16. So Encrypted 14 is 885, Encrypted 15 is 887, and Encrypted 16 is 889. There has been known use of the 14xxx/8xx SSD system talkgroups on the new P25 digital system, also encrypted.

This past week "new" talkgroup 867 has started talking on the new P25 digital system, and when watching Unitrunker, shows it's simulcasting the SSD records channel but encrypted. So there's the unencrypted SSD records channel and the encrypted SSD records channel talking at the same time (aka simulcasting).

With the "new" SSD Records (867) channel popping up, I added it into my spreadsheet I keep of all the talkgroups on the system, and played around with the SSD channel template from the current talkgroups (the current 61552-63568; 3847-3973) and noticed they seem to match up perfectly to the 14xxx/8xx talkgroups that are starting to appear.

It's much easier to visualize, so I've added a Google Sheets spreadsheet here so you can see what I'm talking about. SSD TALKGROUPS

Also this past week, talkgroup 939 has started to see daily use on the new P25 digital system with SSD radio IDs. Based on my spreadsheet, this could be the Folsom Dam Security Bureau, which I don't believe I've heard in a while on the SmartZone system on their 62832/3927 current talkgroup.

In summary, I believe the current SSD channels on the P25 system will eventually go away, or there will be two versions, and the new SSD channels that I have in my spreadsheet will come into more regular use. I haven't had any testing being done on what I believe will be the new Dispatch 1, 2, 3 and 4 channels. Maybe we will be lucky and they'll keep those new Dispatch channels unencrypted.

A possibility is they'll have a bank of encrypted talkgroups for daily usage and keep the unencrypted versions of the channel for outside agency use with a patch for those who don't have the encryption key or encryption-enabled radios.

All pure speculation.

I'll update the above spreadsheet as I see activity on Unitrunker.
SD1-3, 5-13 are Digital only, SD14-16 are encrypted.
937 is SED ESEC Special Enforcement Detail (Encrypted for SSD)
939 is WARR SEC Warrant Secure (Encrypted for SSD)

clanusb

I believe West Sacramento Fire is going live on P25 tomorrow morning (June 17) at 6 AM. I will not be able to confirm that this happens until possibly Tuesday or Wednesday. It also appears as if they are either renaming some channels and possibly rearranging some. I've noticed that on Sac Metro Fire, they have Dispatch "A", "C", and "D". I've also noticed that Sacramento City Fire has Dispatch "B". It appears West Sacramento Fire is now "E". This makes me wonder, as I've not been following it closely, is Sac Metro dispatching Consumnes and Folsom and is that why they have "C" and "D"?

No... All fire departments in Sacramento county (except Sac City) are dispatched and assigned to the A bank. Sac CITY fire uses the B bank as you said. West Sac will be the new E bank.
Banks C & D are extra, to be used and assigned when needed. T bank is for training purposes.

Metro does not dispatch anyone. Sacramento Regional Fire and EMS Communications does the dispatching for all the FIRE and EMS in the county. We have 1 centralized dispatch center, unlike area Law Enforcement.

Also, I've said it before (and submitted it twice), I'll say it again......anyone been able to find Mercy American River? That hospital is gone. Been gone for over 20 years. It was torn down and the land turned into a skilled nursing facility. I mean....Sutter Memorial got removed, not sure why H MAR is still up there. It's not programmed in our radios and it is NOT "Multi Agency Response."
Also for Mather VA Medical Center, its "H VMC". :)

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Also, I've said it before (and submitted it twice), I'll say it again......anyone been able to find Mercy American River? That hospital is gone. Been gone for over 20 years. It was torn down and the land turned into a skilled nursing facility. I mean....Sutter Memorial got removed, not sure why H MAR is still up there. It's not programmed in our radios and it is NOT "Multi Agency Response."

For what it's worth, I run Unitrunker 24/7 on the P25 system, and there has been SOME joins on the H MAR channel... so the talkgroup exists somewhere, in some form... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MARJoins.PNG

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I've started to hear Sacramento County Sheriff north patrol deputies talking on the P25 system via their portable radios today. It only appears to be north patrol deputies, SD 1 and SD 2. No P25 radios logged for SD 3 or SD 4, yet.

officer_415

Database Admin
Site 003 now identifies as a neighbor for Site 012. Site 003 is showing a control channel frequency of 853.82500.

I believe they've converted Site 003 from the SmartZone system to the P25 system for fill-in coverage in the Historic Folsom area.

Confirmed. P25 Site 003 is online at 910 River Way using the same frequencies as the old SmartZone Site 003:

852.2250 - alternate CC
852.8500 - alternate CC
853.8250 - primary CC

There is no more SmartZone Site 003. All info submitted to DB.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed. P25 Site 003 is online at 910 River Way using the same frequencies as the old SmartZone Site 003:

852.2250 - alternate CC
852.8500 - alternate CC
853.8250 - primary CC

There is no more SmartZone Site 003. All info submitted to DB.
Awesome! I haven't been able to get up to confirm. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk