Sacramento P25 system

LNUradioguy

Encrypted (Records) from the looks of it on UniTrunker
SD 5 will be encrypted on the P25 side. There may have been some testing on the new system.

For what it's worth, I run Unitrunker 24/7 on the P25 system, and there has been SOME joins on the H MAR channel... so the talkgroup exists somewhere, in some form... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View attachment 72259
3525 is still tagged as "H MAR Mercy American River Hospital (Closed)"

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
It appears West Sacramento Fire is on the P25 network now. One thing I've noticed today is that only three simultaneous conversations are allowed by the system.
20190618_143248_screen_capture.png

If you notice from my screen capture, besides the control channel, there is one frequency (pair) that is data transfer, followed by three voice conversations: Sac Metro Dispatch A, Sac Sheriff Airport Detail, and Sac Cty Police 3 (Dispatch Central). Meanwhile, Citrus Height Police Channel 2 and RT Light Rail Tans. 1 are both blocked, due to max traffic channels exceeded. That seems a bit too restrictive for such a network.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
There's definitely more than three conversations allowed at once. When watching via Unitrunker (see below), there's 11 voice channels, and the 3 alternate control channels do get used as voice channels if the 11 voice channels are being used. I've seen all being used at once when traffic is very busy.

1st screen shot

Capture.PNG

2nd screenshot

Capture2.PNG

3rd screenshot

Capture3.PNG

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I see a new talkgroup that I'm trying to figure out. It is talkgroup 1173 (HEX 495). So far, I can't quite tell the nature of the conversations. At one point, something made me think law enforcement but seems tactical if anything by nature. I've set my machine to record those conversations so I can try to figure it out by context with enough traffic, unless someone already knows who this is, which would save me the hassle of playing "detective."

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I see a new talkgroup that I'm trying to figure out. It is talkgroup 1173 (HEX 495). So far, I can't quite tell the nature of the conversations. At one point, something made me think law enforcement but seems tactical if anything by nature. I've set my machine to record those conversations so I can try to figure it out by context with enough traffic, unless someone already knows who this is, which would save me the hassle of playing "detective."
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Division of Adult Parole Operations

They have a range of talk groups I've logged from 1161-1191 (of course, step by 2, so 1161, 1163, 1165, etc).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
It appears West Sacramento Fire is on the P25 network now. One thing I've noticed today is that only three simultaneous conversations are allowed by the system.
View attachment 72329

If you notice from my screen capture, besides the control channel, there is one frequency (pair) that is data transfer, followed by three voice conversations: Sac Metro Dispatch A, Sac Sheriff Airport Detail, and Sac Cty Police 3 (Dispatch Central). Meanwhile, Citrus Height Police Channel 2 and RT Light Rail Tans. 1 are both blocked, due to max traffic channels exceeded. That seems a bit too restrictive for such a network.
Not to get off topic, but the reason you are only seeing three voice calls at a time is likely due to your 'Traffic Pool' setting in the 'Channels'->'Decoder' tab, or the bandwidth of your SDR.

clanusb

3525 is still tagged as "H MAR Mercy American River Hospital (Closed)"

That may be so, but I am just telling you guys, this talk group is not programmed into any of our radios.
So whatever it is being used for it, I wouldnt expect to hear much, if any, traffic on it if/when something were to go down around here. (Maybe held for a future hospital such as the proposed one in Elk Grove? But if that is the case, why didn’t Sutter Memorial’s TG get transferred over?)

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
That may be so, but I am just telling you guys, this talk group is not programmed into any of our radios.
So whatever it is being used for it, I wouldnt expect to hear much, if any, traffic on it if/when something were to go down around here. (Maybe held for a future hospital such as the proposed one in Elk Grove? But if that is the case, why didn’t Sutter Memorial’s TG get transferred over?)
Sutter Memorial's talk group turned into VA Medical Center.

There's also the future Downtown Kaiser hospital, which the H MAR talk group would be a good place for it to go. Unless they take over the H KHN talk group.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
Not to get off topic, but the reason you are only seeing three voice calls at a time is likely due to your 'Traffic Pool' setting in the 'Channels'->'Decoder' tab, or the bandwidth of your SDR.

I have discovered my issue. It has been resolved and I'm seeing all the traffic now... I'm not sure how I missed that before.

officer_415

Database Admin
On the DB page for the SmartZone system, H MAR is listed as "Multi-Agency Response". Was that just someone getting creative?

clanusb

On the DB page for the SmartZone system, H MAR is listed as "Multi-Agency Response". Was that just someone getting creative?

Yes. They probably didn’t know about Mercy American River and just thought something up.

Also, H UCDA is where patient notifications are given. And annoucing to UCD that an MCI is underway and for them to start polling area hospitals. We will ask them to move to UCDB for the medical communications for the incident, that way UCDA is not hindered useless for other traffic.
Its not als vs bls radio traffic with UCDA and UCDB as listed in the DB.

Kaiser Downtown/Natomas whatever its going to be will probably take over KHN’s TG then.
I did not think to look at the past records of SMH vs VMC. Because we had both TG’s in our hospital bank for awhile.

Markinsac

I've noticed that the Sacramento County Mutual Aid Talkgroups are marked as INTEROP on the P25 system, but MULTI-TAC on the other system. Might I suggest that one of the admins look at it and consider updating one or the other?

I'm monitoring the funeral procession, and noticed it when trying program in the service types.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Just an update on agency switchovers to the P25 system (based on listening and watching Unitrunker)

Consoles:
All agency dispatch console radio IDs converted over to the digital system, with the exception of Sac Regional Fire? Their radio IDs are still showing 3045x and 3046x instead of the normal 9180xxx for SRRCS P25 system consoles.

Full-time (doesn't mean you won't hear their channel on the SmartZone system)
- Airports (including Ops/Fire)
- Cal DOJ (encrypted channels)
- CDCR Parole
- Citrus Heights PD
- Elk Grove PD
- Folsom FD
- Fulton El Camino Park PD (dispatched via SSD)
- Galt PD
- Isleton FD
- Los Rios PD
- Rancho Murieta CSD
- River Delta FD
- Roseville PD (on their own system but use digital SRRCS when needing to go to CHPD or SSD, same radio IDs between SRRCS and Roseville system)
- Sac City School Security (dispatched via SPD)
- Sacramento City Services (not PD)
- Sacramento Co Services (not Sheriff)
- Twin Rivers USD PD
- West Sacramento FD

Currently in the switchover process (I can see them adding radios weekly/daily):
- Cosumnes Fire (as of this week)
- Rancho Cordova Services
- Regional Transit (some Light Rail mobiles only, seems to be converting during night maintenance)
- Sacramento Hospital Med Net radios
- Sacramento Fire (as of this week)
- Sacramento Co Sheriff (north deputies are using P25 portables, mobiles still analog, nothing for the south or RCPD area)

Still analog, no indication of P25 use:
- AMR (Yolo/Sac ops)
- CHP (air and field portables)
- Courtland FD
- Elk Grove Schools (PD/Bus)
- Folsom PD
- Herald FD
- Regional Transit (Bus/PD, any portables)
- El Dorado County/Placer County radios (EDHFD, PCSO Falcon 30, South Placer FD)
- Sacramento PD
- Walnut Grove FD
- Wilton FD

Davis/UC Davis Update:
- Davis Fire still using analog when mutual aid to West Sac
- Davis and UC Davis still using their respective Smartnet systems, no indication of the new SRRCS site turned on in Davis (guessing it will be Site 14?)

crucialcolin

- Roseville PD (on their own system but use digital SRRCS when needing to go to CHPD or SSD, same radio IDs between SRRCS and Roseville system)

That's interesting about Roseville PD.

Besides a possible coverage issue atm(no local broadcast site(s)), it makes me wonder if down the road it may become a potential backup option for Roseville's new P25 system. A new system which Roseville has suffered through a number of critical failures and other problems with.

Last edited:

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
That's interesting about Roseville PD.

Besides a possible coverage issue atm(no local broadcast site(s)), it makes me wonder if down the road it may become a potential backup option for Roseville's new P25 system. A new system which Roseville has suffered through a number of critical failures and other problems with.
Specifically, I meant that Roseville PD radio IDs are shared amongst both systems, and they have access to the digital SRRCS system (versus the SmartZone system) when they come in to CHPD or SSD to assist those agencies. Roseville doesn't have talkgroups on the SRRCS system.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking that Medic 73 has a misprogrammed radio in their ambulance. I have been hearing them calling multiple times to Methodist Hospital of Code 3 traffic on talkgroup 1191. To my understanding, that should be on talkgroup 3531, not 1191. To my understanding, 1191 is for parole officers. I thought I was only listening to West Sacramento police and fire but apparently, I had not silenced this talkgroup for whatever reason.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking that Medic 73 has a misprogrammed radio in their ambulance. I have been hearing them calling multiple times to Methodist Hospital of Code 3 traffic on talkgroup 1191. To my understanding, that should be on talkgroup 3531, not 1191. To my understanding, 1191 is for parole officers. I thought I was only listening to West Sacramento police and fire but apparently, I had not silenced this talkgroup for whatever reason.

I further heard Medic 73 do a radio check with Kaiser South Sacramento with no issues. I had opened up the med nets, just for the heck of it, but I had already silenced talkgroup 1191. I then SAW traffic on 1191 just prior to this radio check with Kaiser, so I presume they were trying to do a radio check with Methodist prior to doing the radio check with Kaiser South.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
I further heard Medic 73 do a radio check with Kaiser South Sacramento with no issues. I had opened up the med nets, just for the heck of it, but I had already silenced talkgroup 1191. I then SAW traffic on 1191 just prior to this radio check with Kaiser, so I presume they were trying to do a radio check with Methodist prior to doing the radio check with Kaiser South.

I ran into Medic 73 in the ambulance bay at UCD today (I'm a critical care transport nurse and we were both finishing our tags from the calls we each brought in). They said that they still have issues with reaching several of the hospitals on the med nets, including Methodist Hospital. While the medic was frustrated, he was amused to find out the traffic was heard on an improper talkgroup.

sacscan

I talked to a SSD deputy last night who I've programmed scanners for in the past. He told me that they are all P25 now, and when I looked at the mobile radio in his SUV it was so new it still had the plastic over the display to protect it during shipping. I couldn't see a model number, just "05" in the upper right corner. It is a Motorola, of course.

He also told me that the analog TRS should be shut down by the end of the year.