Sacramento P25 system

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I heard UC Davis Fire Truck 34 trying to raise Davis (City) Fire Dispatch on TG 1627 tonight. I'm guessing they were just in the wrong zone and/or on the wrong channel on their radios.

Video of the recording

So far, still no Davis site showing up as a peer to Site 12.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I heard UC Davis Fire Truck 34 trying to raise Davis (City) Fire Dispatch on TG 1627 tonight. I'm guessing they were just in the wrong zone and/or on the wrong channel on their radios.

I just got home and went onto Unitrunker and notice the radio ID that pops up in that video is 9025758. The 90257xx series of radio IDs are for West Sacramento Fire Department mobile radios. I'm wondering if UCDFD is borrowing a spare truck from WSFD, and WSFD happens to have the new DFD and UCDFD talkgroups programmed in already (although I'm guessing they aren't being monitored by their respective dispatchers, yet).

9025758Info.PNG 9025758History.PNG

joebob22

Premium Subscriber
I could not afford to buy a sds100, I bought whistler ws1065. I wonder if it is better than the radio shack model.

KG7PBS

Hey Mcjones2013 do you have the TG for UCD police on the P25 SRRCS. I know there on there now. I just can’t find them. I know you have them you have them all lol. Thanks

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Hey Mcjones2013 do you have the TG for UCD police on the P25 SRRCS. I know there on there now. I just can’t find them. I know you have them you have them all lol. Thanks

UCDPD has not yet transitioned to the SRRCS P25 system since the Davis site is not active. They are still using their Smartnet system. If and when they come online, you'll know it. ;)

sacscan

I have a feeling the analog system isn't going away this month. I have a bank in my BCD436HP (that I take with me while out and about) and my BCD325P2 (used as a base at home with no batteries installed) that is dedicated to all the current repeater inputs for the SRRCS P25 system. I always hear the medics giving patient status reports while enroute to area hospitals, but I never hear the hospital base stations.

Back in the days when I used to monitor the analog SRRCS repeater inputs I'm pretty sure I always heard the hospital bases. I quit monitoring those inputs when I started getting too much interference due to the lack of CTCSS/DCS on analog trunking systems. On the SRRCS P25 system I set the audio type to "Digital Only", which eliminates the RFI. BTW, the NAC code that shows up is always 5FC.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
As of December 2019, a majority, if not all of Sacramento Police Department's portable radios are now on the P25 system.

As of this week, Sacramento Police Department is aggressively starting to move their in-car radios (mobiles) to the P25 system.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
I have a feeling the analog system isn't going away this month.

From what I've heard, the deadline has been moved to sometime in February.

BTW, the NAC code that shows up is always 5FC.

The input frequency NAC for a site will be the same as the output. For SRRCS, Site 3 is 5FD, Site 12 is 5FC, and Site 13 is 5FD.

I also have the input frequencies on the "99" quick key for when I'm in an area that is a dead zone, but I'm on an incident that I need to listen to. I have all of Site 1, Site 2 (both in tone search), and Site 3, Site 12, and Site 13 (all three locked with their respective NACs), with delay site to 0, and Digital Waiting Time set to 0.

mcjones2013

Premium Subscriber
Starting this week, some of the UC Davis talkgroups become active on the P25 system. At this time, it appears to be strictly for the non-public safety users at the Sacramento Campus (Medical Center).

As the talkgroups become active, I will work on submitting to the database.

From what I've heard, the rest of the UC Davis users (Davis Campus non-public safety, Police Department, Fire Department, Unitrans, Yolobus) will begin their transition starting next month, along with the activation of the new P25 simulcast site in Davis.

I believe Davis (City) will begin their transition next month as well, once the new site has been activated.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
Starting this week, some of the UC Davis talkgroups become active on the P25 system. At this time, it appears to be strictly for the non-public safety users at the Sacramento Campus (Medical Center).

As the talkgroups become active, I will work on submitting to the database.

From what I've heard, the rest of the UC Davis users (Davis Campus non-public safety, Police Department, Fire Department, Unitrans, Yolobus) will begin their transition starting next month, along with the activation of the new P25 simulcast site in Davis.

I believe Davis (City) will begin their transition next month as well, once the new site has been activated.

I know I started hearing traffic on 1499 yesterday that sounded like it was related to UC Davis. I couldn't quite pin down what type of service it was.

sacscan

I live about 1/2 mile from RT, and I've been hearing Regional Transit traffic on the P25 repeater inputs for the past week or so. I'm guessing at least some of RT now has P25 radios.